Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help: I'm looking for some risers that will give me about an inch to an inch and a half of pullback with very little additional rise. I'm running stock bars, hoses and cables with an Ultimate seat. The reach is almost there but the additional inch or so would be great. I have tried the Scootworks 2" risers and they do NOT work with the stock brake hose plus, they give me too much rise. I'm not looking for ape hangers.
If anyone has any ideas, I would be grateful. Thanks for looking.

·
BOTM Winner, April 2013
701 Posts
Need some help: I'm looking for some risers that will give me about an inch to an inch and a half of pullback with very little additional rise. I'm running stock bars, hoses and cables with an Ultimate seat. The reach is almost there but the additional inch or so would be great. I have tried the Scootworks 2" risers and they do NOT work with the stock brake hose plus, they give me too much rise. I'm not looking for ape hangers.
If anyone has any ideas, I would be grateful. Thanks for looking.
Check out www.chucksterscustoms.com.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I have Chucksters on mine, and they're perfect. They'll give you as much rise as they do pullback, but that's easily converted into mostly pullback by angling the bars back & down a little at the same time. If you do that, grind the little pins off the inside of the clutch and brake clamps so you can angle the levers where you want them.

He doesn't list them on his website for the Voyager, but send him an email. His response to me was: "The risers I make for the Voyager are 1 3/4" tall and these gain you a 1 1/2" rise and 1 1/4" set back. They are chrome plated".

I think he does them powder-coated now as well, for Vaq's.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
I can't imagine they wouldn't. There is plenty of length for the cables.

·
Registered
676 Posts
They look nice. Do the stock hoses and cables work with these? If so, thanks for the info.
The stock hoses etc all reach easily. I didn't even need to move the brake hose behind the triple tree top clamp.

I installed mine, along with a riders backrest - because I have a back injury which can cause a little pain (understatement) between my shoulder-blades after a long day on the bike. It's not much of a change looking at the numbers (1 1/2" and 1 1/4") but it gave me exactly what I needed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks gents. I put a set of the risers from Chuckster on and they are absolutely perfect. No more lower back strain. Thank you again for the tip. Joe Norris at Chuckster's was very helpful as well; the instructions were flawless.:)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Ordered the powder coated risers for the Vaq this past weekend. Joe at Chucksters was very helpful and responsive. Looking forward to getting them in and mounted!

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
I ordered a set of riser on Monday, they were here yesterday. Chucksters customer service and quality is off the charts. These things are beefy. Much better than I thought they would be. Very impressed.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have a set of Chucksters risers on my 2013 Nomad and they fit pefectly. I moved the brake hose over but that was all. Great product. Brought me up and out just enough. Elbows are now bent in a comfortable fashion. I highly recommend Chucksters products.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts