Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I decided to put my new handlebar risers on my classic. Got everything off fine, but when I went to put the screw back in the bottom of the triple tree it fell somewhere. Its somewhere under the tank. I opened up the headlight and looked in there, but its not there. I am guessing it fell under the tank, so I guess I have to take the tank off and try to find it. I know its a long shot, but has this happened to anyone else before?

I have extremely large fingers (size 19 ring), so I am going to have my wife start the bolt after I find it. Just wondering if anyone might have an idea of where it might have fallen into.

·
Registered
782 Posts
There is a bit of space under the tank but on top of the square center tube of the frame. If you can get one of those extendable magnets on a stick in there, you might pick it up. Of course, you might also stick to the frame, the tank, etc. If you don't find it there, check between the jugs. It is possible for something to ride down the frame rail and fall in between the jugs. There's actually quite bit of room in there. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts