Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot find the thread with how to adjust the handlebar. Could someone point me to the post or tell me how to do it :grin2:

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Alright Wes , define adjust. what is your objective? bars further back ? bars taller ?? etc. There are bolts holding the bar clamp that when loosened will allow the bars to be tilted down and back or up and forward. Bet'cha are loving that Arrow.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're the best Bear <3

I would like to see if I can get them closer to me.

And yes, I am loving the arrow....vroom, vroom ;)

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Vroom , Vroom,Vroom and zoom,zoom ,zoom

I took the DB killer out for about a week and really it's not TOO loud. But then I bought a set of large circlip pliers and replaced it. Of course I will carry the pliers in my tank bag in case I do an impromptu ride with some Harleys ( or a Danmot S) :devil2:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Will need some Allen keys. Remove the two Allen bolts that are holding the little plate cover on top of the speedometer. Once that is removed there are two Allen bolts located inside the bezel to the left and right holding down the speedometer. Once those are removed, you can lift up to remove the speedometer out of the way reveling the Allen bolts that are holding the handle bars to the clamp. You only need to loosen the top bolts and you will be able to adjust the bar to your desired location. Reverse the process to our everything back and you are golden.

Tip. Loosen the top bolts for the handlebar clamp enough that you can rotate the bar without the bar simply falling. Make sure to sit on the back, balanced and test where you want the bars. Then tighten down the bolts to secure bar in new position.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I actually had my bars rolled back where the decel cable cleared tank by 2-3”. The torque specs for the clamp bolts are listed online .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
97 Posts
Also, as I just learned, there are two steel inserts in the rubber mounts of the instrument cluster. Be careful to not drop them when you remove the cluster. They fit inside the rubber grommet that isolates the cluster from vibration. The torque for the handle bar bolts is 25 ft/lbs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts