Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some advice needed , please?
Im repairing my V2K Classic, after a crash & am wondering if any of you have had much experience with changing the bar risers?? After the crash , I have limited L shoulder mobility , I wasn't a huge apes fan ,& NOW they are NOT an option at all,, but wondered if changeng the risers may improve my issues.
I would like to raise the stock bars , 1-2" max & back towards me, similar amounts. There are lots of aftermarket risers available , but a little too pricey , to experiment with many diff types.
Im 5' 10" 200lbs, Been very comfortable with the stock position , but now I feel that if the bars were moved rearward & upward an inch or more , it would decrease the pressure on my left shoulder.
HAs anyone tried similar adaptations ? Were you happy with the results?

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
snowbird, anything you do to bring the handgrips back and up will decrease the tension and fatigue in your chest, shoulders and arms. this is the most relaxed position for leisurely cruising. it is not the most "in control" position, but a reasonable tradeoff.

I have used risers in the past and find them to be very EZ mod for simple solution. 2up X 2back is most standard. cost you hunerd bux. dont buy cheap ones. keep the rise and set back minimal and you got plenty of stock cable to get r dun. Risers work.

personaly, I prefer to change bars and stay w/the stock risers. I dont care for the really wide bars on these bikes. if I am dropping some coin, I like to get a better fitment. but thats me. out, ponch

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bars

snowbird, anything you do to bring the handgrips back and up will decrease the tension and fatigue in your chest, shoulders and arms. this is the most relaxed position for leisurely cruising. it is not the most "in control" position, but a reasonable tradeoff.

I have used risers in the past and find them to be very EZ mod for simple solution. 2up X 2back is most standard. cost you hunerd bux. dont buy cheap ones. keep the rise and set back minimal and you got plenty of stock cable to get r dun. Risers work.

personaly, I prefer to change bars and stay w/the stock risers. I dont care for the really wide bars on these bikes. if I am dropping some coin, I like to get a better fitment. but thats me. out, ponch

Thanks for to advice, P , I was considering a bar change as an option, just wish I could find some place where they had a lot of diff bars to choose from. Somewhere I could grab "HANDS ON" diff sizes & widths. Actually , bars can be a cheaper solution , than risers ! Guess at some point , the choice becomes a "leap of faith", as to the size, etc Cuz , I cant seem to find "Handlebars R US" showroom LOL
Tks again

·
Registered
538 Posts
Ponch is right with the 2 up and 2 back ratio. I got 3 up and 3 back and now the bars are almost in my lap. Anybody wanna trade?? :D

·
Registered
864 Posts
These are the ones i put on my Beast, with my Mustang back rest i can lean back nearly enough to take a nap.I did it myself it was a 6 on the cussing i mean difficulty scale mostly cause it was tricky to really tighten the nuts under the triple tree. Any one with limited skills should be able to get em installed, be sure and locktite the studs into the risers and the nuts cause mine came loose after 4 months of hard ridin. RK im guessing but these risers are about 2" up and 2" back.. Another option is going to Bike week in FL there are a bunch of vendors with different style bars you can look at but it would be tricky to know the ones you would be most comfortable with unless you installed them and rode your bike around for an hour or two...Good luck, Bulldozer
http://www.jpcycles.com/product/ZZ50...0riser&Ntk=All

1 - 6 of 6 Posts