Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a new of after market grips. They didn't come with instructions on putting them on. Can anybody here let me know should I use some spray adhesive before sliding the new ones on? They came with set screws.

·
Registered
21 Posts
They sell grip glue, but it dries so fast it can be tough to get the grip all the way on. I would think regular off the shelf spray adhesive would be the same. There is nothing more frustrating then a grip stuck halfway on, and won't move in either direction.

The best and easiest method I have used is hairspray. Most brands work from what I have read. Just pump some hairspray into the grip and slide it on.

My grips have never slipped.

·
Registered
742 Posts
ditto on the hairspray... but it worked for my first set, not my second... i actually used crazy glue the second time?!?! gotta make sure everything is as clean as you can get it with all fine particles removed... i used an isopropyl alcohol type spray to thoroughly clean everything.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
If you know the manufacturer check their website. A lot of companies (Kuryakyn for instance) have their installation instructions available as free pdf downloads. Can't hurt to look.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Consider this another vote for extra-mega-super-stiff hold hairspray. :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
kuryakyn

i bought the kuyakyn iso grips and it came with glue and instructions. the glue was like super glue very sticky stuff. i got some on my pants and its still there today and is hard as a rock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts