Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used thr passanger hand rails from marvellas yet. If so how do they look and are the Hand Rails easy to install. Any information would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
I was interested in them until I found out they wouldn't work since I had the rear speakers installed.:eek:

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
David, what does revised on your air kit mean? I have the air kit, PC V and VH slip ons also. I had mine dynoed.
Oh, I had gotten one of the early versions of the Thunder Air Kit #51010. There was a lot of discussions in the forums about that kit not sealing well enough. Some were doing mods themselves to seal it better. Well Travis at Thunder Mfg., got wind of this and decided to revise the kit with a different filter that would seal at 100%. So, he also offered to those that wanted to send the old kit to him he would then issue the new revised kit at no charge. And that's what I did. You can tell if you have the revised kit (51010) if your "Aluminum Plate" has 4 extension adapters on it. Does that make since?

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Yep, I see the handrails are listed on their web site now. Just ordered the hitch, may get the pass foot rests later....Too bad there is not a practical way to move the trunk back 2 or 3 inches like you can on the old 1200 Voyager and Harley...

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I used them this week with some ROK straps to hold a dry bag and small cooler on the rear seat. Worked great.

Got in a RAM mount drink holder that I am going to mount on the hand rail for my wife. Marv installed them at the American Voyager Rally in July. The ones I have required drilling a tapping two of the mount points for the chrome trim.

Attachments

·
Registered
287 Posts
Dan
I also purchased my rails at the rally in July. Marvella's installed at the rally, and as stated in one of the other post it is necessary to drill and tap a couple of the existing holes larger. Marv made it look easy. I'm sure there's a number of uses for them, but my reason was to give a second hand hold just in case the bike got dropped. I don't think I've ever had a bike that didn't get dropped, or fall over at least once. They look good, appear and feel to be very sturdy, good product for the money. I'm trying to figure out how to mount a cup holder on it for the wife. I was wondering if they would work with the rear speakers, and thanks to Dave, I now know they won't.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Chris, do the hand rails have any effect on the plastic trim?
Dan, I know you asked Chris, so I will wait for his answer and opinion. I do wonder what you mean by 'effect on the plastic trim'.

·
Registered
287 Posts
No Dan, the had rails come within about a 1/4" of the chrome plastic trim at the bottom of the trunk, but they don't touch. According to David Sheek once installed you can't install the rear speakers, which I was planning on doing, but apparently not now. That second handle is pretty handy for rolling the bike around, etc.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I watched Marv check out the fit of the grab rails on a bike with rear speakers at the rally. They would not fit with the current design of the grab rails.

Chris, how did I not see your black and red Voyager at the rally? I only remember seeing Mike's and Rex's Black and Red Voyagers.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I was wondering about that myself. We were actually passing through to meet another couple in Corinth MO, so our time was limited, and we only spent about a half a day there. Great bunch of people, have given a great deal of thought to joining AVA, but since my dealer doesn't participate in their dealer program, and I have met a great group here who have no problem sharing information, so far I've gotten all I need. Question though: Does VulcanForums have a master list of members with contact info that are willing to provided roadside assistance to another member passing through that might be having some type of trouble?

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
I know I want them, but could someone post a picture showing the way it is mounted with the saddlebag lid open and out of the way.? That would save a lot of questions and confusion...

Thank You.....

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hand Rails

I know I want them, but could someone post a picture showing the way it is mounted with the saddlebag lid open and out of the way.? That would save a lot of questions and confusion...

Thank You.....
Sure Bubba, I'll see if I can make that happen tomorrow unless some else beats me two it.
Chris

·
Registered
2,656 Posts

Thank You.....
It will be 3 weeks before I roll the Voyager out. If you look at my photos and look at the two chrome trim fasteners that are closest to where mine are located you will know which two fasteners get replaced. You remove those fasteners drill and tap the subframe without removing the trim and then bolt the grab rails up.

·
Registered
287 Posts

Thank You.....
Bubba
Here ya go, does this help.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
chrisboggsfmc...

Thanks, that's exactly what I thought...........:cool:

Normally resizing a hole (drilling and tapping) ain't no big deal anyway for things like that ....

·
Registered
11 Posts
How wide do they set out? Say measurement center to center arcoss the seat. Any interferance with the access to the air fitting and damper adjustment for the shocks?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts