Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a local shop for hand deflectors and the only ones they had were fitted for sport bikes. Anyone have a suggestion for good hand deflectors less than $40?

I have a 500 vulcan/no windshield

·
Registered
607 Posts
A quick ebay search for "cycle hand deflector" returned a lot of entries (most appeared to be the same product) for around $80. May be able to find something used in your range.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Google home made wind deflectors. They are pretty easy to make and will only cost maybe $20 in material and some time. I have all the materials for mine. Just haven't had the time time to make them. Good luck.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
108 Posts
Google home made wind deflectors. They are pretty easy to make and will only cost maybe $20 in material and some time.

http://www.gadgetjq.com/hand_wind_deflect.htm

This link is from Gadgets Fixit page.

Try to find a laminate flooring blade for your jigsaw - they are taper ground and gives less chance of welding the plexi back together behind the cut.

Use a very sharp drill bit with some wood backing it up, so it wont splinter the backside of the holes in the plexi.

A good file and a sanding block will let you finish up the edges nicely.

Good Luck!

·
BOTM Winner, August 2016
80 Posts
hand deflector

After you sand the edges of the plexi run a propane torch on the edge and you will get a factory like finish. I does not take much heat you will see the edge go from dull to clear .

·
Registered
492 Posts
This thread got me motivated to put mine together. I added a horizontal brace to mine since I ride about 60 miles each day on my commute.

I took it for a short test ride. The results are pretty good. I noticed a lack of wind on my fingers. The wind hit me about 3/4 of the way back on my hand.

I'm looking forward to trying them on cooler days.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts