Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed deflectors?
lots out there for trails bikes with 1" bars. not so much for 1.25"
and the hydraulic cylinders/switch pods take a lot of space.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Has anyone installed deflectors?
lots out there for trails bikes with 1" bars. not so much for 1.25"
and the hydraulic cylinders/switch pods take a lot of space.
I ride all year, and last year my hands were the part that got cold. I just installed hand deflector from National cycle, National Cycle | N5511 Hand Deflectors, about $85. I have a 1700 Nomad, and the hydraulic cyllinders and switch pods do get in the way. So I installed these extenders, https://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Extender-Adapter-Kawasaki-Voyager/dp/B008TWWN56/ref=sr_ph_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1479689203&sr=sr-1&keywords=mirror+extenders.

My impression is that they cut down wind on the hands significantly, and also contribute a bit to less wind on the body. I suspect a really good fairing would still be better, but this will keep my hands warm enough on my half hour ride to work all winter in DC (with decent, but not heated, gloves).

Happy and safe riding,
Dan

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
Hand deflectors do help, maybe blocking enough wind to reduce the wind chill by 10°F. I had them on my Sabre, but I need to make adapters for them to work on the Voyager, if I decide to use them. You might want to look into Hippo Hands. They do a much better job of blocking the wind than hand deflectors (if you don't mind the somewhat goofy look). Napom got some and likes them a lot. They fit over the controls, but do leave a gap that air can get in. I'm not sure it is enough to matter, though. Still, he had a seamstress friend modify them a little to close up the gap better before he ever actually rode in the cold with them.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
VulcanDan61 that thumbnail tells the story, better than the vendor website!
Thanks all for tips.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts