Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two month and one week remain before the OFF.
Any Kawafornians brave enough to join me on a "Tx Kawboy Invasion" a 3,500 smiles western safari?

There is still time to make arrangements. I will be taking off from San Francisco area on July 1st. Riding backroads to the border with Arizona, where I meet Chanoc and we ride to Flagstaff, and later to 4 corners. There on the 5th of July we meet up with the Texan Invaders for a few days trip and ride across Utah and Colorado under leadership of Poncho Villa. On July 8th we peel off and head back the long way around towards South California where we say our goodbye to Chanoc and head back home to NorCal. (If you hail from South Cal, you will head home at that point too)

The trip will take little over two weeks.
Here is the map:
https://www.google.com/maps/@37.311...=!3m1!4b1!4m2!6m1!1szrColcvjQCIM.kN40dv3FI7wE

Apply here:
http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2047089

There are 7 of us so far. Poncho Villa (TX), Zig(TX), KenDawg(TX), Co0terV2K (NB), whiting57(Canada), Chanoc(Mexico), and I (CA).

Requirements:
  • Must own a touring rig.
  • Able to ride 10 hours a day.
  • Have a relaxed attitude to beer, off color jokes, and motorcycle components in the bath tub.
  • No drinking and riding
  • Must be reasonably fluent in Texan, Mexican and Canadian dialects - or willing to learn fast when and how to say "eh" and "y'all"

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
There is still time to make arrangements. I will be taking off from San Francisco area on July 1st. Riding backroads to the border with Arizona, where I meet Chanoc and we ride to Flagstaff, and later to 4 corners. There on the 5th of July we meet up with the Texan Invaders for a few days trip and ride across Utah and Colorado under leadership(?) of Poncho Villa. On July 8th we peel off and head back the long way around towards South California where we say our goodbye to Chanoc and head back home to NorCal. (If you hail from South Cal, you will head home at that point too)

There are 7 of us so far. Poncho Villa (TX), Zig(TX), KenDawg(TX), Co0terV2K (NB), whiting57(Canada), Chanoc(Mexico), and I (CA).

Requirements:
  • Must own a touring rig.
  • Able to ride 10 hours a day.
  • Have a relaxed attitude to beer, off color jokes, and motorcycle components in the bath tub.
  • No drinking and riding
  • Must be reasonably fluent in Texan, Mexican and Canadian dialects - or willing to learn fast when and how to say "eh" and "y'all"
whooeee baby this is a recipe for...
firs, I mite be front this pak of hound dawgs for a spell or two.. but am not leadin anybody so much as Y'all are jus a bunch of loose marbles following me on my vaca bike ride.. couldn't shake ya if I tried? an dammit am trying!
dos, beer does inflict said relaxed attitude.. its a cart/horse thing.. chiken/egg?
off color? I been tol mos my jokes are very colorful.. probly need tone em down?
now anybody who takes baths with their mc.. they got other issues than jus blending with this kompnee.
an yer lef out the mos 'portant speakage, Spanglish often mixed up as poncheese.. put that on yor pizza will ya, eh y'all. ponchout

btw, I think c0oTeRs is bringin his brother dArReLl and DaRrElL. makes 8ight.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will probably be just the 8 of us. There are very few active Kawafornians on this site, and even fewer brave enough to ride further than a day ride. Will see. It will be a ton of fun regardless.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
It will probably be just the 8 of us. There are very few active Kawafornians on this site, and even fewer brave enough to ride further than a day ride. Will see. It will be a ton of fun regardless.
yeha, they all moved to tejas.. kalifornicators an so many otters beating feat outa dodge.. only problem is they wanna f this place up like they did bak home with ther lib ideas an taxes that follow.. we still got our guns n rope, they try to take them away,, lib bozos.

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
Sounds like a good trip.. y'all have fun, here

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh we fully intend to. With Poncho it will never be a dull moment :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
yeha, they all moved to tejas.. kalifornicators an so many otters beating feat outa dodge.. only problem is they wanna f this place up like they did bak home with ther lib ideas an taxes that follow.. we still got our guns n rope, they try to take them away,, lib bozos.
Ease up, not all of California is LA or SF, plenty of wilderness up north.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah that' ol Ponch, he is just yanking your chain, that's all. This is going to be an epic ride. Chime in for details.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Ease up, not all of California is LA or SF, plenty of wilderness up north.
ah, yes. the new republic of Jefferson.. jus south of granola hair doobie smokin U'gene/Portlandia. will be ther nex week. actualy lived in ugene a short spell '78. carter did a great job of castrating this country. his buddy carries the torch. . recently spent a week in lil river s of mendicino, hiking redwood state forest. the land is gorgeous, the inhabitants are a bit edgy.

·
Registered
560 Posts
CAN I GO CAN I GO CAN I GO????:p

This has become an addiction worth having for damn sure!

The crowd weez running with,,,, well, might hafta leave that one up to the jury!!! (Not good). Hahahaha!

I AINT SCARED!

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@Co0terV2K Hehe. You are already in, are you not? I want to see if I can get a riding buddy from Cali. It will be 3500 miles ride - a little over 2 weeks. 4 days I will be on my own. 3 days with all of you, the rest it is just Chanoc and I.

Here on 3rd and 4th we have a party in Hollister. (I am not attending) That means a bunch of cats will load their rides on to trailers, and truck them to the nearest exit at Hollister, get them off the trailers and roll around like they just came off the highway. Watch some TTs bounce about, load the trailer-queens back on the trailer and head home in their pickup trucks.

But still, I am hoping against all odds that there are still some real bikers left in this fading republic of ours, who actually ride instead of trucking their bikes to pose at a party, and join the fun. The chance is very slim. I know.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Im in like Flynn! So is my buddy that lives 3 hrs east of me..(Yamaha vmax) and buddy an hour west of me. (V2k)....... We been working out the last 2/3 days of the invasion this evening, routes/stays/and what day we want to be home.... So there's 3 of us as of right now.

Getn damn anxious for this road trip!!

Have had a few good riding days here lately but few, cold at night 30-40, and only getn in the low to mid 50's during the day. When theres frost on my car in the mornings, i shy away from riding.. Raining here and there for awhile now which is great! This weeks spose to get to 80 so its lookin better!

I hear ya on the real biker thing... Hard to find many that want to actually RIDE somewhere... I look forward to it!!! Each and every time I get the chance to go out of state... Its what I work for!!!

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts