Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well been workin on this '98 1500 classicE for 8 months. It wouldnt run without choke, brakes needed attention, carb clean, blahblah. Fixed the brakes, I got it to idle, got the rear cylinder to fire, but for the life of me it wont run right. It just will not move under its own power. I know its something simple, but cant figure it out. Im broken, its goin to the shop. Ive put maybe 150 miles on it? maybe. Im patient and try to be sure I cover everything. My disclaimer, my last ride was an airhead 900 beemer.(my Dads bike) still have it. If this kawa ever gets running Ill start working on it.
dont try and stop, its already on the trailer, waitin for tueday when they open. Christopher Walken said in Blast from the past "Its out there"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hope you are back riding it soon. Good Luck!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know they'll figure it out, I'm sure its something simple, but I'm too close, so close I cant see it. thanks though. preesh

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kawa shops are 'spensive! they were gonna charge $400-500 dollars to do a tuneup to get it "current" with all new fluids, sparks, carb rebuild etc. THEN they would figgure what was what. Thing is I just did most of that, they gone charge me to put new oil and pluggs when they less than a month old?!?
!
Anyway . topped off all fluids, cleaned and reset carb (again), cleaned and replaced sparks (again). it runs a whole lot better, some gunk came out of carb. still aint right, but a whole lot better. im patient but dang!

pluggin away

1 - 5 of 5 Posts