Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Past 3 years the spring/summer/fall heat in NW Louisiana has been extreme. I keep hanging in there and telling myself the bike is such a sweet ride that the heat is tolerable, Last Wednesday rode from Shreveport to Lake Palestine, west of Tyler. Somewhere on the way back near Henderson Texas I surrendered. Damn thing just gives off way too much heat. Traded for new 2011 Concours, With the Murph risers installed it is a very comfortable ride. Slightly larger Cee Baily windscreen on the way.

Ride safe my Voyager friends. If Kawasaki ever defeats the heat issue I will be on one again one day!

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Well I guess we're happy for you.
After I wraped pipes/coolant change out/amsoil/PCV/pipes, I ride mine around in shorts.

I know a lot of you wouldn't do this, but my point is the heat isn't there like it use to be.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
David did you use Ray's 70/30 coolant mix?
I use a 70/30 mix, but it didn't come from Racnray. That came out on this forum probably 2 years ago.:)

·
Registered
439 Posts
SGT BOB
Is the Connie any cooler? I heard they ran hot as well. Ive been eying a 2010 at the local yammy dealer. After 3 yrs on the VV I still miss my 91 Connie.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Think About What you Wrote

" After I wrapped pipes/coolant change out/amsoil/PCV/pipes "

I did stuff like this back in the 70's on my Triumph Bonneville. Should NOT have to do this to a 2010 !!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had a Concours 14 which I traded for my 2012 Voyager. I loved the C14, fast and even loaded up you can throw it around bends like a sports bike, very fun to ride. It too got hot when stationary but wasn't too bad when riding. Certainly not as comfy on a long ride as the VV even with lowered pegs and risers. Took a while to get used to the missing 80+ hp :)

That said I love the VV too and it does what I wanted it to - comfy on long runs even with 2 up (the C14 got uncomfortable with 2 on board) and as for heat, I don't think it's too bad, I have riden Honda's and certainly HD's that make unbearable heat.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2012 vs 2010

I have read and heard that Kawasaki made some changes after 2010 that dissipated heat away from rider. I hope that is true because it is a spectacularly fun cruiser. But the 2010 model is a damn furnace

·
Registered
636 Posts
I have read and heard that Kawasaki made some changes after 2010 that dissipated heat away from rider. I hope that is true because it is a spectacularly fun cruiser. But the 2010 model is a damn furnace
I live in AZ and I don't find my old 1700 Classic LT or my present Vaquero to be excessively hot. But then that's me

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Heat cont..........

I had a 2009 Classic LT 2000 ad it did not roast me either. It also didn't perform too well when I went home to Western NC and rode it in the mountains for 10 days.......damn beast wore me out and I could never find what gear it wanted to be in. Marvelous open road ride. And like I mentioned, the newer Kawasaki's may have addressed heat issue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts