Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

This 2003 VN750 is my first bike and only bought her last week.

Occasionally, maybe 1 in every 15 times, my bike sounds as if she is groaning as I release the clutch to put her into first gear from a stop. Is this me putting her into first poorly or is there something wrong with my clutch?

I am new to the motorcycle world and have no idea what this noise is. It sounds as if its coming from directly beneath me although I originally thought it was coming from the front wheel.

Bike behaves normally and nothing feels different. Only the noise and I'm off and running.

Any ideas? thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
About 75% of the 750s do that cause the clutch plates get dry while the bike is shut off for a few hours. When the bike is cold, start it up and at high idle pull and release the clutch level several times before putting it in gear. Sometimes helps, sometimes not. Different oils help or hender this to. I use Castrol 10-w40 and it helped my bike but didn't totally cure it in cooler weather.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I assume you mean when you "pull" the clutch to put in first gear?
Does it do it hot/cold?
Does it seem to lurch/jump when you put in gear?

Post back.
It's when letting the clutch out and seems to be just as it catches. It being cold does make sense. Happens early in the ride and I don't recall it happening anytime other than that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts