Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys looking for grip ideas for my vaquero. So far the leaders are the kinetic by kuryakyn and krator ones. The prices aren't even close that's why the question. Do you really get what you pay for? Thanks guys for the ideas/thoughts

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had kuryakin iso grips on my vstar. they were OK for reducing vibration, but on hot days they would leave black rubber marks on my hands. I'm thinking of getting Avon air cushion grips for my vaquero.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
I wouldn't recommend Krator. They are cheap. Spend the money once and get quality grips. I have the ISO grips and they are great. I wear gloves, so the black marks don't bother me. I had the Avon's on my 900 and they were good grips. Can't go wrong with either.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
+1 on the Avon Air- love them on my Nomad

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wondered about the krator quality. They look cool but the average price is about 20 bucks. I would hate to be on a trip and have it break

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
I bought the nomad light bar from them. The bar itself is good metal, but required cutting to make it fit. The lights themselves are cheap plastic. I'll replace them, and still save a ton of money off a light bar, but you have to be careful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah right now I'm leaning towards the kinetics. I wish kuryakyn had somthing that looked better.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I've had the kinetic grips on for about 2500 miles. So far I really like them. I don't have to grip them as tight as the stock grips, which makes everything better. Less vibration, less numbness etc.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
+1 on the Avon Air- love them on my Nomad
I got a set of Avon Air from Napom when he got heated grips. Very comfortable. My hands don't get nearly as tired on long rides or in twisties.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Forget the looks. I have a set of HD grips that look fantastic. After 10 minutes on the bike they suck! IMO the Avon Airs are the best bang for the buck. They look good, perform well, and are reasonably priced. That sounded like an add but I am just a user. If you shop around the Avons can be had for way less than $100

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have the ISO grip and really like them I have no problems w/ black marks on hot days, but mine are 3 years old.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok Avon air grips are gain some traction now. I found the Excalibur one and they seem to be comfort and a little style. How do they hold up? I'm going to be ordering grips this weekend I may have to flip a coin..

·
Registered
669 Posts
Avons are hands down the best.
+1. I was very loyal to Kury grips until I tried Avons. That's all I'll use from now on. I had their normal grips to start with, and now their heated ones, on my second set of those after I wrecked one side.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Does anyone know if the Avon air Excalibur fit the vaquero? It says that it fits metric but that's a lot of bikes.

·
Registered
35 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Amazon has them for 60 +free shipping. I emailed the seller they said that they don't fit a 14 vaq. I dunno...

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,855 Posts
Avon, very happy.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts