Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to get the throttle mod done by Racynray but I'm not sure which grip to go with.

Anybody have any experience with the Kuryakyn ISO or Avon Air Cushion grips?

I like the fit of the stock grips in my hands but want a bit more cushion if that helps.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
I got the ISO because I liked the looks. There's also a lot of end cap options available from Kuryakyn. I hear Avon might be better quality, but I'm happy.

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
seems a lot like both, I know Ray went from kurakyn to avon

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
I have the ISO with throttle boss. Great grips. Had the avons on my 9. Personal preference. I like the throttle boss.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all, I appreciate the input. I do like the available endcap option but I received a message from Ray saying that the Kuryakyn's are "thicker" so I think I'll go with the Avon's. Plus I like that the padded grip is continuous.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I had Kury's on my last bike and Avons on this one . . . You'll be happy

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
I have used the K-ISO's on all 3 bikes with the throttle pad. I personally like the feel of the K's. Saying that, I have never used the Avons so cannot speak on them specifically. But if they are same or better than the K's I cant see where you would be disappointed with the Avons

·
Registered
637 Posts
I've had Kury's on my last 3 bikes. They're nice grips. But I thought I'd give Avons a try, so put them on my Nomad.

Much later on, the Voyager arrived with Kury's on it... and I swapped them over with the Nomad's Avons straight away before I sold it. I'll never use anything but their grips on whatever bike I own from now on.

My first set were basic Avon grips, but the last two sets have been their heated ones (one black anodized, the latest set chrome). Nothing wore out... I dropped the bike & damaged one beyond repair.

It's a little bit like Goldilocks' porridge... You'll just know when you nail it.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Racin ray Mod

i went with Avon. love them
[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts