Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey... was searching the forum for something I thought I saw on here, but no luck.

The mounts for the fender... I do not use one any more and want to clean the forks up... anyone seen another bike that did this mod???

Any recommendations and/or do's or don'ts???

Thanks

·
Registered
430 Posts
hey... was searching the forum for something I thought I saw on here, but no luck.

The mounts for the fender... I do not use one any more and want to clean the forks up... anyone seen another bike that did this mod???

Any recommendations and/or do's or don'ts???

Thanks
I've wondered about this but never have seen it done. Sorry. I hope someone gets back to you on this.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've wondered about this but never have seen it done. Sorry. I hope someone gets back to you on this.

thanks... i am thinking it is pretty straight forward. the tubes have to be contained for the fork springs and oil so the mounts should just be molded castings that don't need to be there... just afraid to start cutting before i read that someone has already proven it!

:)

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Eff it!!!!

done deal...

i knew deep down it would have no affect, but wanted to make sure someone else didn't have a oh sh!t story!!! but all i can say is go easy on the grinding down as you nibble away at the nub!! now to figure out how i want to finish them...

·
Registered
430 Posts
Nice work Jag... Looks smooth. I can't wait to see how they turn out. Are you going to chrome them?

·
Registered
658 Posts
looks great, need wider shots.

does running without a fender kick up debris into your radiator at all?

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
oh, and still debating... i left the back nubs on because one side has the thingy holding the brake line, but for symmetry i left the other side on as well... was thinking they would be good mounting points for some small driving bullets! i need more light any way because the ET style headlight SUX for a headlight!! :)

looks great, need wider shots.

does running without a fender kick up debris into your radiator at all?
thanks... and yes, it does... but I haven't had any issues <knock on wood>!! been thinking of a grill guard anyway since the screen cover on there is so flimsy!

Nice work Jag... Looks smooth. I can't wait to see how they turn out. Are you going to chrome them?

i doubt i will chrome it... the upper tube is already polished, i like the rough look but unfortunately it appears they clear coated the lower tube so i have to scuff up the entire thing!!! argh...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts