Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Vulcan 2000. Recently I have been getting a weird noise coming from what I think is the clutch. It is a kind of grind/rattling noise. The bike seems to be operating fine but this is a new noise and is definitely abnormal for the bike.

The noise is noticeable with the clutch in and out especially in 1st and 2nd gear. With the clutch engaged I can hear the rattle/grind noise and it is loudest on deceleration, but I can also hear a noise when I disengage the clutch. It originally started with just noise when I clutch in but now it seems to be all the time even though the type of noise changes depending if the clutch is in our out. I think I can faintly hear the rattle in 3rd and 4th gear with V&H Straight Pipes and they tend to drown out the noise.

I can force it to make the noise really noticeable by decelerating, clutch engaged in 2nd or 3rd gear and not downshifting.. taking the RPM's down to almost a stall.

Questions:

a) is it safe to continue riding?
b) any suggestions on what it could be?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You pretty certain? That's a $250 part. Was hoping it might be something cheaper/simpler.

One other note .. I have started to notice, when in 2nd gear and getting on it .. at around 45mph the bike jerks almost like it slipped out of and back into gear for a split second. Only does it when getting on it, in 2nd gear at around 45mph.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any update?

Hi, I know this is a thread of 2013 but I am EXACTLY confronted with the same problems and wonder if you find out what was really this problem?
The shaft pulley was changed and I did a quick check yesterday. Its good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
BuddhaNE had a problem and you told him that the shaft pulley had to be change. I was just asking BuddhaNE if it was indeed the shaft pulley or something else he found out to be. I have the same problem and I check the pulley and it is fine... so I'm searching for something else...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts