Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went on a 6 day ride with 14 riders thru Washington, Oregon, Idaho and Montana. My 900 LT did not let me down! We ran some high speeds in real hot weather. No overheating issues at all. The guys riding the sport and sport touring bikes were suprised on how well the 900 ran the twisty roads. If you ever get a chance you need to ride HWY 12 (LoLo Pass) from Lewiston ID to Missoula MT. What a road ! 99 miles of twisty road. My 900 keep right up with the sport bikes! We had a HD in the group that had mechinical issues most of the trip. Sure do luv my Kawi !!
Pic 1 HWY 12
Pic 2 Fossil Oregon Hwy 218 (Antelope to Fossil Oregon Amazing road)
Pic 3 Old Spiral Hwy Lewiston ID ( 10 miles of twisties climbing 2000 feet)
Pic 4 Painted Hills Oregon

Attachments

·
Registered
711 Posts
Great pics, keep them coming.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great pics, keep them coming.
Here are some more pics
Pic 1 Rowena's Crest Lookout Point Oregon Columbia River Below
Pic 2 Diablo Lake North Cascade HWY #20
Pic 3 Hells Canyon Lookout near Enterprise ID
Pic 4 North Cascade Hwy
Pic 5 Old Spiral Hwy Near Lewiston ID

Attachments

·
Registered
711 Posts
Here are some more pics
Pic 1 Rowena's Crest Lookout Point Oregon Columbia River Below
Pic 2 Diablo Lake North Cascade HWY #20
Pic 3 Hells Canyon Lookout near Enterprise ID
Pic 4 North Cascade Hwy
Pic 5 Old Spiral Hwy Near Lewiston ID
Great pictures!
I will keep this one in mine for a possible trip with the crew.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Wow, gorgeous pictures. I'm glad you had the opportunity to go on the ride and got home safe.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
I'll have to put that on the wish list for the next long distance ride from St. Louie....

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Having sold my mile munching GSF1250 Suzuki sport tourer to buy my Classic LT and just completed my 6000 mile trip a couple of weeks ago, i am still impressed with this bike, 65 to 75 mph cruising, temps well into the 100's F , two up with a loaded (and i do mean loaded) trailer in a whole range of different altitudes, this bike was amazing.

Congrats on a safe trip, thanks for sharing, i enjoyed the pics..

Cheers Maurice

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Having sold my mile munching GSF1250 Suzuki sport tourer to buy my Classic LT and just completed my 6000 mile trip a couple of weeks ago, i am still impressed with this bike, 65 to 75 mph cruising, temps well into the 100's F , two up with a loaded (and i do mean loaded) trailer in a whole range of different altitudes, this bike was amazing.

Congrats on a safe trip, thanks for sharing, i enjoyed the pics..

Cheers Maurice
Hey Maurice
I really enjoyed reading about your trip and looking at all your pics as well. Thanks for all your tips on what to bring along with me on the trip. I carried a front and rear spare tube and some oil that I never used. There are some amazing road out there!! Check out this website if you plan on heading west to Washington, Oregon and Idaho
http://www.roadsnw.com

cheers
Paul:)

·
Registered
397 Posts
Wow Paul... I'm envious as that looks like just an outstanding trip you just took. Loved the pics. That sure looks like an area I'd also like to explore some day.

And Maurice... I'm equally impressed with your details... temps in the 100s, two up with loaded trailer etc. Gotta love these 900s. While no one bike can do anything and everything, it seems like Kawi got it right with this one.:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Hey, great pics. Thanks for posting. Most of us never take the time to stop and whip out the Kodak. Does Kodak still make cameras? Sweet ride too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just got back to sw Washington after riding to Montana. I put in about 1300 miles and my 900 classic ran like a top! Temps up to 95 plus and speeds from 60-105 :p
Just broke 10k while on the ride. Great bike.
Of course if I had a quarter for every time I tried to shift to sixth........lmao.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just got back to sw Washington after riding to Montana. I put in about 1300 miles and my 900 classic ran like a top! Temps up to 95 plus and speeds from 60-105 :p
Just broke 10k while on the ride. Great bike.
Of course if I had a quarter for every time I tried to shift to sixth........lmao.
6th gear would have been real nice. There were a few times I was checking to make sure I was in top gear!!:) Did you ride HWY 12 Lolo Pass?

cheers
Paul

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey Paul, I did part of 12 but it was from north to south thru Spokane to couer de lain and into st. Regis then all around st. Ignatius, pollsbro, plains, Arlee etc.
So I saw a healthy chunk of Lolo forest. Alot of my riding took me right alongside various rivers, which was beautiful.
If I ever figure out how I will post some pics.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts