Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always ride without a windshield on my 900 classic. I have started doing long distance day trips so decided to get some wind protection. After reading a million posts about different shields I hopped on eBay and chose a factory OEM 23" shield. It's 3 inches shorter than the stock LT shield with 3 adjustable heights. I am 5'9 and use a mustang daytripper seat. At the lowest setting I get minimal buffering and an amazing amount of protection. I called the dealership that advertised them direct. Took 4 days to arrive and assembly was simple and took 30 min. A must have for anyone looking for a windshield. Total cost with all mounting hardware (all OEM) was 341.00 shipped!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Well worth it! I can't imagine touring without a windshield! I love mine!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I honestly don't know how I made it 2 years without one. No going back now.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I have a memphis 19 quick release I got off CL that serves me well. I would have needed a larger size if I did lots of high speed riding.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Same here, rode for more years than I'd care to admit, and, this is my first windshield. I honestly don't know how or why I rode without one before.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I only have a little over 1,000 miles on my Classic LT and the day I bought it I took the windshield off....I call myself a purist so don't like them really.....however....I am riding 1200 miles next week to the Seattle area from Southern Utah and I am considering putting it on for the 2400 mile round trip. If any of my friends saw me with a windshield they will call me out on it so I have grown a beard to not be recognized. My reputation may be at stake but at some point I have to grow old gracefully I guess.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Love the shield (OEM). It works well. Safety wise it took some real hits by flying debris...glad it was there!!! I find it very effective. Also takes care of windblast and makes for a relax drive. Bugs!!! Wow it takes care of those just fine in my book...keeps my teeth white!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I only have a little over 1,000 miles on my Classic LT and the day I bought it I took the windshield off....I call myself a purist so don't like them really.....however....I am riding 1200 miles next week to the Seattle area from Southern Utah and I am considering putting it on for the 2400 mile round trip. If any of my friends saw me with a windshield they will call me out on it so I have grown a beard to not be recognized. My reputation may be at stake but at some point I have to grow old gracefully I guess.
I understand completely...lol.
Actually, when I bought my bike, two other friends bought bikes, one guy bought a Rocker...the other a softail heritage classic. The guy with the classic ripped off his windshield the same day and threw it in the back of his truck..."Don't need that" he said...lol. I was thinking the same thing, but, I said what the heck.
Now I think "take gracefully the counsel of the years"......and I've been bug-free ever since...lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts