Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone post pics on location of all grease fittings for the vn900classic.
Thanks and regards, Silenthill

·
Registered
782 Posts
I only know of three so you may want to ask someone who has the maintenance book. The three I know about are on the very lowest point of the bike. It is an aluminum bracket that mounts to the frame and the rear shock. I do not understand why some "in-guh-neer" would put fittings on the bottom of the bike since if you bottom out, they get damaged. I have two that are deformed and one of those seems to have damaged the threads in the aluminum housing it screws into.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I only know of three so you may want to ask someone who has the maintenance book. The three I know about are on the very lowest point of the bike. It is an aluminum bracket that mounts to the frame and the rear shock. I do not understand why some "in-guh-neer" would put fittings on the bottom of the bike since if you bottom out, they get damaged. I have two that are deformed and one of those seems to have damaged the threads in the aluminum housing it screws into.
Thanks Jeep, I went and had a look, wow......your right, and, as I've been driving a dual sport for the last 3 plus years, its just donning on me that I don't have an engine guard. I think I'll have a think on this, there must be a way to protect them. I scraped my floorboards last night (for the first time). I can only assume bottoming out will be the next "scuff" that I will do.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I have hit the floorboards a couple times going around sharp corners. Especially if the pavement is not level or there is a big dip between two roads. That doesn't bother me to bad.

I think I may have damaged mine putting her on a trailer one day. The angle from the ramp to the trailer deck was to acute and she hung. Sort of like a rice-burner going over a speed bump.

I actually just stopped by the local bike shop and picked up two new fittings at lunch. Since these are only pivot points and not high revolution shafts, I am not to concerned. As long as a little grease is in there, it should be fine. There isn't a lot of heat or pressure pushing the grease out. The worst thing is that your ass end might start squeaking when you go over bumps.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
382 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Just for your info, hit a speed bump the wrong way and the middle one wil "FALL OUT".

·
Registered
382 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Well I can tell ya you are going too slow if you don't get the front wheel off the ground when you go over them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts