Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being a fairly new member, I would like to see if anyone has mounted their GPS units on their bikes and maybe has pics? Without scrolling through all the previous threads maybe this has been on here before, if so can someone post the link? I would like to add a cig. lighter with a weather tight cover, so I can plug my Magellan in, not interested in buying a new one just for the bike. I would think I could run a hot and ground wire directly to the battery as it wouldn't drain unless it was plugged in?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I'll try to grab a picture tomorrow, but my GPS (Magellan 2200T) goes onto the bars with a simple inexpensive mount I picked up on eBay.

For a power source, consider getting a Battery Tender. The SAE connection on it can be adapted to a cigarette lighter connection with a <$20 cable from Powerlet. I keep the adapter cable in my tank bag at all times. When not in use, the cap for the BT cable keeps it completely watertight.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Mounted my Garmin dead center with a RAM mount, very solid. Power comes from the headlight bucket accessory leads. The 12V outlet has a rubber cap to keep the rain out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts