Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulled up to a red light today in my truck and this guy was waiting for the light. Looks mighty comfortable and stupid.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been seeing a lot of short pants on bikes since the temperature is up.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
What is it with $400 full face helmets and flip flops? Is it a rule that if you are on a sportbike, you HAVE to be wearing a full face or something? lol. I mean I wear a FF too, but if you're going to wear a high end helmet, and compliment it with gym shorts and flip flops, doesn't that seem kind of silly? Maybe it's just me.

What gets me is shorts and flip flops on cruisers. I mean, wear whatever you want I don't care, I'll wear my gear but that doesn't mean you have to. But, A) holding / steadying 500+ pounds of cruiser goodness with a tiny plastic 'thong' between your big toe and second toe can't be good, and I've stepped in slippery stuff with my thick-soled motorcycle-specific boots that have the best grip of any footwear I've ever had. I can't IMAGINE it with flip flops.

Not to mention, hot pipes. I burned myself once siting on my uncles V-Star. I wasn't going to ride it, I just wanted to see how she fit, I had shorts and tennis shoes on, I sat on it, burned myself real good getting off. What are you gonna do if you burn yourself going down the highway? YOWCH!

I don't meant to be critical, very few cruiser riders wear what I wear when they ride so I realize I'm in the minorty, but flip flops and shorts just seems like a bad idea. It's one thing to not be protected in the event of an accident, but it's a whole other, worse thing, to put yourself in a position that makes an accident seem LIKELY (kinda like riding with no eye protection, what are you gonna do when a bug or stray rock beans you in the eye at speed, how can you possibly stay focused, see, and control the motorcycle?)

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rode mine for the first time yesterday with shorts. Only went about 10 miles. I never realized that there was that much heat coming off my liquid cooled engine. Its definately not cooler to ride with shorts.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Ahhh the SQuID's ... Gotta luv ém .. :)

Can't do that on a cruiser. the V&H's 'll burn the skin to the bone at the 1st set of lights.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Not to mention, hot pipes. I burned myself once siting on my uncles V-Star. I wasn't going to ride it, I just wanted to see how she fit, I had shorts and tennis shoes on, I sat on it, burned myself real good getting off. What are you gonna do if you burn yourself going down the highway? YOWCH!
I don't get it either. I have never rode in shorts. Not saying I have never moved one around the yard to wash it in shorts. But I was syncing my carbs on my old nighthawk one time and pulled it out of the garage and after i was finished and got the bike back together I hopped on it (with shorts) and was just walking it backwards in to the garage. BTW those nighthawks have pipes on both sides. I burnt one leg and in result of that i jerked the bike and got the other leg with the other pipe, jerked again and got the first leg in the same spot a second time. I have not wore shorts again to just move one.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Skid lid, armored jacket, boots, gloves and long pants every time the bike leaves the driveway. My 50 year old body doesn't heal as quick as my 20 year old body used too.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I don't get it either. I have never rode in shorts. Not saying I have never moved one around the yard to wash it in shorts. But I was syncing my carbs on my old nighthawk one time and pulled it out of the garage and after i was finished and got the bike back together I hopped on it (with shorts) and was just walking it backwards in to the garage. BTW those nighthawks have pipes on both sides. I burnt one leg and in result of that i jerked the bike and got the other leg with the other pipe, jerked again and got the first leg in the same spot a second time. I have not wore shorts again to just move one.
I burned my right calf moving my bike one afternoon. I had come home from a ride and decided to mow the lawn. So I put on some shorts, t-shirt, and flip flops. When I was done I thought to put the bike back in the trailer, forgetting that the pipes were still hot from my ride/sitting in the sun. Now I will only move a cold bike in shorts.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
kfolse was this picture taken near the mall in Houma?
About a block from the mall.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts