Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As impressed as I have been with the VN900LT, and I have been very impressed, I'm believing we need to move up to the 1700 for the two of us.

Tonight the wife gave the go ahead for the 1700LT or 1700 Nomad, depending on price.

Of course, financing has to work out. I'll keep you all posted.

Anyone else thinking of the move up to a 1700?

Take care all.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Guit - I am sure most of us a dreaming of a move to the 1700, but is it practical for me now? Not yet.
+1, but that 1700 Nomad is one sexy beast! House remodel, some college fundage for the kiddos, then perhaps... *sigh* If I don't blow all the money I set aside for my custom first... LOL

Congrats on the pending purchase!!!

·
Registered
657 Posts
I'll have one two years from now :cool: (and will be keeping the 900)... gotta love a great plan!!!:D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Anyone else thinking of the move up to a 1700?

Take care all.[/QUOTE]

================================================
Traded the 900 classic for the 1700 Nomad in early June. The 900 was a good bike for the wife and I but it does not compare to the 1700 as far as power, ergonomics and ride. Really, two totally different bikes. I have had a very good experience with the 1700 nomad, i've had no problems at all with mine. I would buy another when I wear this one out!!!!!!!

·
Registered
941 Posts
All I can say to the 1700 is stay behind me Satan... I don't even want to look at them.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
All I can say to the 1700 is stay behind me Satan... I don't even want to look at them.
Amen brother. I shouldn't be looking either. But....

Trade in price of my 900LT isn't looking as favorable as I was orignally told. Dealers in this area are blowing out new 900LT's for $7,600 or less. Doesn't help the trade in price of mine. My bike's less than a month old, with a mustang seat and now I'm being told it's worth only about $5,700 wholesale....hmmm. However, they are trading for(what they tell me) is wholesale on the 1700LT...$12,400. I'm thinking wholesale on the 1700 is probably closer to $11,900...something.

At the price it would cost me to move up, I'm beginning to think I won't trade until I have to fork out a lot less money to trade. I'd like the 1700, but the price to trade has to be reasonable to me.

I can see some of you traded and I wonder if you came out o.k. on your cost to trade up?

And, it's not like I don't like the 900LT. I do.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Amen brother. I shouldn't be looking either. But....

Trade in price of my 900LT isn't looking as favorable as I was orignally told. Dealers in this area are blowing out new 900LT's for $7,600 or less. Doesn't help the trade in price of mine. My bike's less than a month old, with a mustang seat and now I'm being told it's worth only about $5,700 wholesale....hmmm. However, they are trading for(what they tell me) is wholesale on the 1700LT...$12,400. I'm thinking wholesale on the 1700 is probably closer to $11,900...something.

At the price it would cost me to move up, I'm beginning to think I won't trade until I have to fork out a lot less money to trade. I'd like the 1700, but the price to trade has to be reasonable to me.

I can see some of you traded and I wonder if you came out o.k. on your cost to trade up?

And, it's not like I don't like the 900LT. I do.

:rolleyes:
I almost pulled the trigger on the 1700.
I had a mishap on my first 900 (barely 2 months in) and I began to second guess my choice of bikes. After much thought/deliberation I bought another 900...same color, same bike. The 1700 is a new machine with arguable heat issues. I'm gonna wait till Kawi works out the bugs. First year bikes always get modified/refined. I think, ultimately, that's what scared me off. That, and I absolutely love the nine.
(No disrespect intended for those that DID trade up, this was a personal decision).

·
Registered
139 Posts
Amen also, I "really" like the look and feel of the 1700 but I can't afford the hit financially and it wouldn't be practical. I commute 80+ miles now and the gas mileage is a wonderful 50mpg which I'm very thankful for. Besides we've got a great bike, I'm determined to be content with what I've got now. Maybe in the distant future when the kids are out of the house. ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
There is no doubt the 900 is a very good bike, I really liked mine. Only issue I had was riding 2 up with the wife, just didn't feel like the bike was big enough for what we wanted to do. The 1700 is the perfect fit for us. Traded my 900 classic with 12,000 miles for $5,500 and paid $13,000 for the Nomad. Cost me some money, but felt like I got a fair deal for the new bike.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Versatile 900

Hi Murph, hope all is well with you. I have to admit I would love a bigger bike, just to have bigger, but my 900 has done everything so well, easy/quick handling in town and traffic, great mpg, plenty of power for 2 up with 60# T-Bag over mountains to Yellowstone cruising 70mph all day long and last weekend a 1200mile trip with wife on and pulling a trailer loaded to 300# total and cruising Minnesota freeways at 70-75 and still got 45mpg, what a workhorse! I probably will continue to wear this one out, if ever, before moving up. With my larger lowers, rack and interchangeable trunk, roomy saddle bags, Kawi Gel Seat, and a full tank we are ready at moments notice for a long weekend getaway!

Wow, show us pictures when you get it

·
Registered
507 Posts
What more could you want.
Though we haven't taken a long trip on the bike yet, I can't see any reason to need anything bigger.
It is great to hear your story and inspires me to start travelling on bike again.
We were put out of action for 6 years after getting knocked off...recovery and court times, etc.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts