Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone that is experiencing a delay when they switch from their high beams to low beams and vice versus. I started experiencing this a couple of months ago on my 1700 Nomad and didn't think much of it at the time which seems rather dumb thinking back now. Sometimes when I switched from hi to low the light would take a second to come on or it wouldn't come on at all until I toggled the switch again. Then over the Labor Day weekend I was hours from home about to hit the highway after filling up when I turned the bike on and the headlight didn't respond at all no matter what I tried. It was night so I was stranded there till morning but luckly I was next door to a motel. Turns out the light switch had a bad connection that caused it to fail so I bypassed it and a new left side control has been ordered. I guess the moral of the story is check out those bugs before you decide to take a weekend trip to the middle of nowhere =)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi matt7even, thanks for the reminder to check up on those little things. Glad you got your problem figured out.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone that is experiencing a delay when they switch from their high beams to low beams and vice versus. I started experiencing this a couple of months ago on my 1700 Nomad and didn't think much of it at the time which seems rather dumb thinking back now. Sometimes when I switched from hi to low the light would take a second to come on or it wouldn't come on at all until I toggled the switch again. Then over the Labor Day weekend I was hours from home about to hit the highway after filling up when I turned the bike on and the headlight didn't respond at all no matter what I tried. It was night so I was stranded there till morning but luckly I was next door to a motel. Turns out the light switch had a bad connection that caused it to fail so I bypassed it and a new left side control has been ordered. I guess the moral of the story is check out those bugs before you decide to take a weekend trip to the middle of nowhere =)
had a simular problem with the turning signals they would work and not work took it to the dealer and had a new switch ordered good thing it was under garantee it cost 367.00 can.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts