Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my new Mustang seat in today for my 900 Custom. I realy don't like the way it looks, but should be a lot better on my wife. I guess it kinda goes along with the back rest I put on. I don't like it ethere.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
I understand what you are saying about the looks, but I think comfort is more important. I hated the way it looked on my classic until the first time I sat down, now I can't imagine going back.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Oh the wife... She makes us do a lot of things we don't want doesn't she. lol

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes Joshwelch9 they do. Lol. As for comfort I just got to take a 4 mile ride. It moved me up a lot it seemed like. It did feel kinda comfortable. I will just have to wait until the snow end and it warms up to realy tell.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Nomad46. I think it will grow on me. Especially after I get to put some miles on it.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I rode 14 1/2 hrs on mine from NC to NY,and although i was getting a little sore and moving around after 9 hrs, I know I couldn't have gone that far for that long without my mustang seat!

·
Registered
427 Posts
I have the same set-up (Custom w/ Mustang seat), and agree w/ you that the one-piece Mustang seat probably looks better on the Classic than the Custom...but you will come to really appreciate the comfort aspect of it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I had to send mine back and get a Corbin. Mustang seat was too big and wouldn't fit with the kawai backrest. It sure was comfy though. Hope the Corbin is just as comfy.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Do you need the driver back rest. I looks like it has a small natural back rest already.
It's not really a back rest, per se, as it only goes up to the bottom of the small of your back. It's a cozy fit, but it's not something that supports you like a back rest.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thanks for posting this picture -- I've got the 900c in the same color and was 99% sure of going with a Mustang seat as well (I put a good number of commuting miles on the bikes and like to arrive at work without a sore back!)

As for looks -- it'll get better and better everytime you ride comfortably!

I noticed some other accessories on your bike that I was considering: could you tell me what brand sissybar and rider footpegs (switchblades?) you have on there?

Thanks!

·
Registered
48 Posts
How to try a seat???

Hi,

Been thinking about the mustang seat w/driver backrest for a Vulcan 900 Classic. I'm 5'3 and not sure how well this seat will fit me or feel. How do you guys go about checking a seat before your buy it? Also I see you said the seat pushed you forward. I have read in some forums the seat makes you sit further back and then folks needed to extend their bars w/risers and then lengthen cables. Ugh.

Is there anyone in Central NJ who has a Vulcan 900 classic with an upgraded seat I could sit on?

Thanks in advance.....

Gayle

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
steve900c the pegs are the Küryakyn SwingWing Pegs. I have only rode the bike one time with them on there. I didn't realy know what to think at first, but the more I rode I liked them. The back rest I got off of ebay for $120 I think. Don't remember the company It came from. It was in the U S an not from China or Hong Kong.

18 Til I Die the seat did move me forword. I wish it had moved me back some but it didn't. I only got to put 5 miles on the seat. So I can't realy give a good review of it.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Hi,

Been thinking about the mustang seat w/driver backrest for a Vulcan 900 Classic. I'm 5'3 and not sure how well this seat will fit me or feel. How do you guys go about checking a seat before your buy it? Also I see you said the seat pushed you forward. I have read in some forums the seat makes you sit further back and then folks needed to extend their bars w/risers and then lengthen cables. Ugh.

Is there anyone in Central NJ who has a Vulcan 900 classic with an upgraded seat I could sit on?

Thanks in advance.....

Gayle
I put the Mustang I'm my 08 custom no backrest. I personally do like the looks however I got mine with the studs. Definitely pushed me forward an inch or so which I like. Do not need risers as it now sits very comfortably (I am 5'9"). One thing to consider the passenger seat is much higher then the stock and with short legs (which mine are) it is noticeable when getting on. I have a tendency to swing my leg over.

Sorry live in WA so can't help you on a test sitting.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

·
Registered
427 Posts
18 Til I Die the seat did move me forword. I wish it had moved me back some but it didn't. I only got to put 5 miles on the seat. So I can't realy give a good review of it.
I have a couple thousand miles on mine, and, yes, the seat (at least my Mustang, a one-piece Vintage) does move you foward...probably a good inch. It also raises you about that same amount. Not surprising, since the design is obviously thicker, so it doesn't sit as close to the fender beneath (and thus pushes the rider up and forward). At 6'1", I wasn't thrilled about the moving forward (though I like raising up), but I've gotten used to it, and it's a pretty cozy, comfy ride.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts