Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Very nice...I like that color scheme...now get out and ride and stop taking pictures!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I picked mine up on May 19. Identical paint scheme and I love it. I had to go out of town after having the bike only two days so it still only has 23 miles on it. I need to get on the road!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I traded in a HD to get this bike and I must say that I like it better. Lower to the ground, nice quiet smooth ride, and NO HEAT.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have the same bike. In the first thousand miles no trouble at all. I put winshield lowers on and a crash bar and highway pegs and a rack. The only thing is the bags seem to be on the small side.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Lowers helped with the updraft some but more so they help redirect some of the water spray when you get caught in a rain storm.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Received my new 900 LT on May 1st...my first bike; have over 1700 happy miles on it...can't get enough of it!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have had my LT (08) for a little over a year now, owned a lot of different bikes and can honestly say it's the best all arounder I've ever owned.. and I've had Intruder 1400, 800, Goldwing, GS's 650-1100, .. it does everything well, as long as you're not looking for the fastest bike on the street.And I've done a lot of riding with my wife on the back too, handles beautifully.You're gonna love it.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I have the same bike. In the first thousand miles no trouble at all. I put winshield lowers on and a crash bar and highway pegs and a rack. The only thing is the bags seem to be on the small side.
What did you use for lowers? My first day on my 'LT' leaving the dealer was in the rain, and I could see the advantage of having lowers.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I purchased the kawasaki lowers they redirect some air and water spray. Really if you want to stay dry take the car LOL. They do make a differance though.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Or a plane. I know they won't keep me completely dry. But I know that the windshield sure did a good job. It awhile before I was real wet. My torso was completely dry. And my pants were only wet from the knees down, but some of that was wicking.

What'd the Kawi ones run? I was trying to find them on their site but couldn't find anything for our bike, that work with the spot lights in front.

Do the lowers help keep your hands drier or your feet drier?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Nice bike, same color scheme as mine. If you really want the paint to pop, get some Meguiar's Gold Class wax. Really makes the blue and metal flake black sparkle.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Nice bike, same color scheme as mine. If you really want the paint to pop, get some Meguiar's Gold Class wax. Really makes the blue and metal flake black sparkle.
I am going to have to try that. I have the solid black, but it has some small spots that need to be cleaned up. would be nice to see wow it would sparkle up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Taking 900LT in for first oil change. They are going to add the run,turn, brake module for my rear lights and adding a throttle lock. Have just under 500 miles on her. Think that after this first oil change it would be OK to romp on her a little?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Lowers

I think they were $154. There are two part numbers one with a cuy ouy for a light bar and one without the cut out if you do not have the bar. I got the one with the cut out with the idea of adding the light bar later.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts