Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the faring in today. for $75 it was worth every penny. I had 1 screw hole that did not line up which was no big deal, I just drilled the hole and you can't even tell because the washer covers the hole nicely. I'm gonna post up some pics here in just a few min, I have to say it looks great.

~R~

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I don't have it hard mounted as of yet, I have it just sitting on the bike it's getting late and will jump on it tomorrow. I'm sure the mounting is not going to be easy, being cheap, usually = being a bitch LOL!.

Only thing I see so far that is no real big issue are the blinkers. I'm getting some billet blinkers and will just mount them on the fairing. Here are a few shots, it looks promising.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g102/hlobell/Vulcan900/DSC00732.jpg[/IMG

And without it..

[IMG]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g102/hlobell/Vulcan900/DSC00741.jpg

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it is different it looks good on your bike. not sure if it would look good on any other color besides black, deffinetly one of a kind.
I agree about the black. I got the black Exhaust and intake coming so it should really start coming together and I think about 2" drop and this baby will look tough.

~R~

·
Registered
263 Posts
The dead on front shot I see a little too much tank. The rest of the shots, it looks Bad [email protected]@!

·
Registered
941 Posts
I like it alot. I like how you got rid of the tank logos. In the pics it looks like you left the logo on the frame cover, but only on one side. Is that just the pic? I didn't even know there was a logo there. My PO musta removed them on my bike.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The dead on front shot I see a little too much tank. The rest of the shots, it looks Bad [email protected]@!
Thanks a lot, you can see the tank just a little bit, now that it is all bolted on but honestly it's very hard to notice. One thing I have noticed that it has taken a ton of air off my chest so that's a plus. I just can't put one of them big ole wind screens on it, kind of kills that sport look I'm going for.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like it alot. I like how you got rid of the tank logos. In the pics it looks like you left the logo on the frame cover, but only on one side. Is that just the pic? I didn't even know there was a logo there. My PO musta removed them on my bike.
Yeah I haven't got to them yet. One of thie things on the list, amd they are on both dies of the frame cover you just can't see it in that picture, I haed to go look myself. LOL!

~R~

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I want to put in my $0.02 as well...

AWFUL...but if you like it then rock on!
Aways a negitive opinion in every bunch. Try and be open minded. I'm going for a diffrent look, I want a mix of cafe racer look with some of the fat style just not so fat. Once it's done it will all kind of just flow. I don't want this bike to be like 90% of Vulcans out there much like yours is..

~R~

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, if you like it, great. I think it looks like a cafe fairing on a cruiser, which to me looks out of place.
The bike has a 21" front wheel, crusier? really? It's just a nitch in the market as they say. That's why this bike is a hot sell, it's go that race look with a cruiser apeal. Honestly if you take the tank off and put a skinny tank on it you have a sports bike. Look at the handelbars, their almost like drag bars that I had on my 750 GPZ turbo. As I said before I don't wan't the avrage Vulcan, mines gonna stand out being good or bad, it's a custome..

~R~

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
It has a sort of "Sons of Anarchy" look, like the VP's bike. Undecided on whether or not I like it, but it really doesn't matter what anyone thinks since it's your bike and you love it!

·
Registered
295 Posts
The bike has a 21" front wheel, crusier? really? It's just a nitch in the market as they say. That's why this bike is a hot sell, it's go that race look with a cruiser apeal. Honestly if you take the tank off and put a skinny tank on it you have a sports bike. Look at the handelbars, their almost like drag bars that I had on my 750 GPZ turbo. As I said before I don't wan't the avrage Vulcan, mines gonna stand out being good or bad, it's a custome..

~R~
Hey, I'm happy for ya! Like I said, if you like it that's all that matters. I bought mine because it doesn't have a fairing, but that's why they make so many different bikes, cars, cereal, etc. Personal preference! :D

·
Registered
657 Posts
Looks kind of Retro to me. Sort of out of the 60's or 70's pre-sport bike genra in a kewl sort of way. I'd be curious to see what it would look like with a rider on board.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Looks kind of Retro to me. Sort of out of the 60's or 70's pre-sport bike genra in a kewl sort of way. I'd be curious to see what it would look like with a rider on board.
Agreed, that retro "original MC's" kinda look. I have moments when I love it, and moments when I wonder... but I definitely wouldn't say it looked bad by any stretch of the imagination! We need some ride-by photos, some head-on with rider, etc.

Imagine that, us vulcanheads asking for more bike pictures. Who woulda thought? LOL

·
Registered
711 Posts
Not my cup of tea either. I like the look of the OEM Cafe windshield better but who cares what I like right?? What matters is what you like because is your bike and you can fix it anyway you want so if you're happy then we're all happy.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts