Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sitting at the light yesterday and lady wasn't apparently paying attention, when the light turned she hit me bending my fender and breaking the tail light and housing. I don't think she is able to pay to have it repaired. I rode up to dealership and priced me a new fender for 145.00, but when adding the tail light with leds the price jumps to 550.00. I have searched the net and called a place or two with no results. Does anyone have a source other than stealership?

·
Registered
163 Posts

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,855 Posts
Glad your ok. I take it she didn't have insurance?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think insurance will take care of it. I found one that I think will work on ebay for fifty bucks, ordering my fender tomorrow and get her back to normal. In the past few years I have been rear ended twice while driving my pickup (steel bumper no damage) and recently in my honda crv incuring $2300.00 in damages all taken care of. One more incident came to mind, haven't rode a street type bike since the very early seventys, guy hits me at the stop light and bent the nice chrome fender on my pretty honda, got to get me a rabbits foot. Thanks for the comments.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glad you're okay. What's a rabbit's foot?
In some cultures, the foot of a rabbit is carried as an amulet believed to bring good luck. This belief is held by individuals in a great number of places around the world, including Europe, China, Africa, and North and South America.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Trying to take off my old tail light, can't seem to be able to remove the sockets that hold the bulb in place, tried turning them with pliers but broke the small wire that connects to the side. Anybody have any experience with these. Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
In some cultures, the foot of a rabbit is carried as an amulet believed to bring good luck. This belief is held by individuals in a great number of places around the world, including Europe, China, Africa, and North and South America.
Ah. Sorry, I thought it was some rare biker term that I wasn't aware of.
Trying to take off my old tail light, can't seem to be able to remove the sockets that hold the bulb in place, tried turning them with pliers but broke the small wire that connects to the side. Anybody have any experience with these. Thanks
Since it's already broken, cut off the insulation and see if it's just copper. If so, you can just use some copper wiring to splice it back together. Plenty of good tutorials on youtube, I'm sure.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ah. Sorry, I thought it was some rare biker term that I wasn't aware of.

Since it's already broken, cut off the insulation and see if it's just copper. If so, you can just use some copper wiring to splice it back together. Plenty of good tutorials on youtube, I'm sure.
I have been working on getting fender off and I think I was all wet. I have ordered another light off ebay and maybe it will come with a new wiring harness, should be in today or tomorrow. I will wait and see, if not I will make it work somehow. Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts