Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My knees and ankles are really sore, and I have road rash on my upper left extremity. I wasn't wearing a jacket, but I had on the safer moto hit air jacket. My helmet is also scratched up. What is the name of the part the front peg and shifter peg is attached to its all bent up?????

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Glad you're alive with no broken bones. It could have been a lot worse.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Zig. It could have been so much worse. I keep playing in my mind what if she came out a second later. It would have been a t-bone. I was in shock when it happened and the adrenaline was pumping. Now I feel traumatized.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
My knees and ankles are really sore, and I have road rash on my upper left extremity. I wasn't wearing a jacket, but I had on the safer moto hit air jacket. My helmet is also scratched up. What is the name of the part the front peg and shifter peg is attached to its all bent up?????
You're a lucky guy. The part is called a "holder-step" and depending on whether you have a Custom or a Classic has two different part numbers. The price is around $110.00.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Bikes can always be repaired, people can't .... glad you got out of it relatively unscathed and with out a severe injury.

·
Registered
487 Posts
As mentioned... Glad to see you're okay. Hope all goes well healing and getting the bike back together.

·
Premium Member
12,013 Posts
Thank you Zig. It could have been so much worse. I keep playing in my mind what if she came out a second later. It would have been a t-bone. I was in shock when it happened and the adrenaline was pumping. Now I feel traumatized.
When I met the pavement years ago, I too felt traumatized for a long time after. I had to ride the bike home and could barely release my hands from the grips from grabbing them so tightly! Good your letting your mind work through it.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Glad to see you were ok. Looks like wearing a full face helmet was a good idea.
oh no here we go ...but i agree with you it is in these cases where the ff helmet comes in.....your face could have looked like your arm
....get well soon

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Mrxkorea, Glad to hear you weren't seriously hurt (any hurt is bad enough). The one time I was hit (low speed) I was so pissed I cursed the guy out, took the $20 he offered me and continued riding to work. Of course the next morning I felt it.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Glad your not hurt bad (read dead) but road rash takes a long time to heal both mental and physical hope the bike gets repaired soon and you continue riding. NOTE TO SELF!!!! get some warm weather riding gear a t shirt isnt much protection even the one with Superman symble on the back

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks, you guys are awesome. Really helping me with this mental trauma, I didn't get a good nights sleep last night kept imagining getting hit square on instead of being clipped. Today I'm sore in places I wasn't yesterday my neck is sore now. I low sided after I got clipped but I only had about 15 feet to react or I would have hit her rear head on. I was probably going 40 mph. I would say this is a 2/10 in terms of severity of motorcycle accident. Sad part is I was about to buy a joe rocket reactor mesh jacket two days ago, but didn't. The bike is going to cost $800 to fix, not that bad I suppose. I used to have a ZX6 so thats why I have that FF helmet. My riding jacket is the heavy leather sport bike jacket which wouldn't look right. James

·
Registered
17 Posts
Keep the rash moist with some cream and keep it covered. Don't let it scab. Thats what I did and I healed in a week or two.

·
Banned
593 Posts
Thanks, you guys are awesome. Really helping me with this mental trauma, I didn't get a good nights sleep last night kept imagining getting hit square on instead of being clipped. Today I'm sore in places I wasn't yesterday my neck is sore now. I low sided after I got clipped but I only had about 15 feet to react or I would have hit her rear head on. I was probably going 40 mph. I would say this is a 2/10 in terms of severity of motorcycle accident. Sad part is I was about to buy a joe rocket reactor mesh jacket two days ago, but didn't. The bike is going to cost $800 to fix, not that bad I suppose. I used to have a ZX6 so thats why I have that FF helmet. My riding jacket is the heavy leather sport bike jacket which wouldn't look right. James
So glad to hear that you're OK, Bro.

Her insurance company is covering the damage, I presume? And replacing your helmet? And covering your full medical workup? You have spoken to your attorney, right?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts