Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Boss recently got promoted and will be moving to Dallas. (Yuck I know I said the D word) Any way, he was loading up the UHaul yesterday when out of no where he gave me a call. He knows I love to ride and mess around with different style bikes. Well he had one in storage that he didn't want to haul up to the big D, and he didn't want to leave it in storage. So guess who got a FREE motorcycle. He gave me a running 1979 Honda 750! It needs a tune up and a paint job, but it is road ready. I want to tear it apart and clean the carbs and check the seals. I also believe I am going to keep it stock since it is a classic. It seems like it is going to be a nice play toy.

·
Registered
684 Posts
SWEET !!!:) That is a CLEAN bike for how old it is ! I can remember daydreaming about having one of those years ago - never happened but I wanted one BAD :)

So do you tend to trip over rocks and find money underneath them often ????:D

·
Registered
851 Posts
Nice..You can't beat a deal like that, what i think is funny is it only has 15.3k on it and my 09 classic LT 21.2k on it. Take care her, it's getting harder to find the old classic bikes anymore and one thats in good shape like yours.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is the first time anything like this has been given to me. I am actually thinking about going out and get some lottery tickets!!!

And the milage I miss represented that. The OD shows 15k but it needs an extra 1 in there. So it is actually 115k, which still is low for the year. My boss is the second owner and he bought it in '84. He lived in Pennsylvania most his life, so he said he only road it on dry summer days. He had the motor rebuilt 4 yrs ago when he moved down here to Louisiana.

The bike is real clean and Straight, no dents. It hasn't been run regularly so thats why I want to tear the engine down and check everything. The pictures don't do it justace. It is a beautifull classic bike. I got lucky.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Here's a old 82 Yamaha Virago 750 with 18k i had, i completely rebuilt the carbs and a lot of cleaning and had it repainted. I kick myself in the ass to this day for trading it in on my Classic LT, i should have kept her! She would shit and get off the line. She was a lot of fun and i miss her!
[/IMG]

·
Registered
89 Posts
Nicely done. Leaving it clean and stock is a good idea.

Another one is chop it...those 750s make damned nice choppers :)

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Nice ... very nice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts