Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I'll try to post a couple more pics tomorrow. It's been a long day.

:D
Scott

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Ahhhh, and what did they throw in WITH the t-shirt? :D

Do I sense a new Road King owner around here? ;)

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahhhh, and what did they throw in WITH the t-shirt? :D

Do I sense a new Road King owner around here? ;)
I do like the RK. But, it's not a HD. Did you notice the little triangle badge in the lower right corner?

The folks at Texoma Harley do live up to the reputation though.
They provide a great experience and give superior service. There is considerable value to that.:)

But, on to the pics.

Scott

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Her pretty side.

Her not so pretty side.

The radiator that some people hate. I LIKE the look of it.

I call this one "naught & nice"

Me and the beast.

I thought about trying to get one of those "distant and reflective" looking pics like Ponchs profile pic, but I couldn't find a buffalo.:)

Well, I've got a Rocket in my pocket so I gotta go.

Scott

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Her pretty side.
Her not so pretty side.

I call this one "naught & nice" = Me and the beast.

I thought about trying to get one of those "distant and reflective" looking pics like Ponchs profile pic, but I couldn't find a buffalo.:)
Well, I've got a Rocket in my pocket:eek: so I gotta go. Scott
where to start with all this.. TMI?.. rokits, pokits, buff'los.. try photo shop. here some pix for ya.
1. buffy
2. profile the good side
3. probly mor yor stylin?
4. frens hitchin a ride
5. the indignities of life in the bush

btw, that bigass rad is there for a reason. big motor, big power, big heat to be rid of.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
where to start with all this.. TMI?.. rokits, pokits, buff'los.. try photo shop. here some pix for ya.
1. buffy
2. profile the good side
3. probly mor yor stylin?
4. frens hitchin a ride
5. the indignities of life in the bush

btw, that bigass rad is there for a reason. big motor, big power, big heat to be rid of.
I'm pretty sure any pic made with PS would pale in comparison to being there.
Maybe, in a few years; I'll have the time to make those kinds of trips.
But, by then I'll be paying college tuition and wont have money for gas.

Ahh, I guess I'll just have to keep eyeing your pics.

Scott

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Good looking addition to the herd!

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
754 Posts
Her pretty side.

Her not so pretty side.

I call this one "naught & nice"

Me and the beast.

Well, I've got a Rocket in my pocket so I gotta go.

Scott
Congrats Scott on your new R3T! You're gonna love it. The R3T isn't the fire breathing dragon like the Roadster, but with Tuneecu you can do basically anything you want. I'm starting to explore my options now. I welcomed you to the forum, btw.
-Tom

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Awesome ride! Be waiting to see how it compares to the Voyager from a performance and handling stand point. Am sure the performance is really awesome, but get the breakin 1st.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congrats Scott on your new R3T! You're gonna love it. The R3T isn't the fire breathing dragon like the Roadster, but with Tuneecu you can do basically anything you want. I'm starting to explore my options now. I welcomed you to the forum, btw.
-Tom
I have Power-Tripps derestricting thread in my favorites.:)
I'm going to run it as-is for a while before I punch her up.

Scott

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awesome ride! Be waiting to see how it compares to the Voyager from a performance and handling stand point. Am sure the performance is really awesome, but get the breakin 1st.
I bought it used; so I don't have to worry about break-in.

I have only leaned it over far enough to scrape the boards twice. There is a lot more lean angle. The front end feels a lot lighter and responsive so I'm going to have to get used to making minor adjustments in the lean.

The performance.
She's quick. She's real quick!
Every big V-twin I've ridden 'feels' like it has plenty of power to pull it's weight up to speed pretty fast.
The R3T 'feels' like it doesn't have weight to pull; like there is almost nothing the engine has to work against.
But, with three cylinders and no tach; it's going to take me a little before I can use the power band very well.

Scott

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update

With a little over a month and 1k miles; I thought I would post an 'early thoughts' review.

The foot forward ergonomics are great, and it's a very comfortable bike except for the grips.
Which I tend to hate on every bike I've ridden more than an hour.:p
A cramp buster solved the issue and I'm sure my wrists are 'broke-in' for it by now.

I'm pretty sure the main reason anyone buys a Rocket III is for the power.
And I, for one, have not been disappointed.
The sound that the triple makes is enjoyable but very different from a V-twin. Making RPM and power ranges a little hard to get the feel of at first. But, once you do; she can get scary fast!

Launching her from a stop is a learning experience.
In 1st she will break traction on the rear if you're not careful. Shifting into 2nd will slip a little too, if you immediately hit WOT. I go from about 1/4 to WOT progressively. By the time I shift into third I'm going too fast for the backroads I've been playing on; so I just back off.

Cruising the slab in 5th at 70mph; I can hit the throttle and be at 90mph in a flash.
If I downshift, she earns her name and will take off like a Rocket. :)

I prefer acceleration; and top end speed isn't something I'll try on any of the roads close to home. But, I have taken her to a ton and 10. She was stable smooth.

I guess most of us are used to limited accessories for our bikes; which is good because there's even a smaller amount for the Rocket.
But, the R3T comes with a great deal of that stuff standard.

The quick release sissybar hits my wife too low in the back and I'm going to have to get creative to fix the problem if I want to take it on any long trips. But the design is great.
On and off in seconds.
Same for the quick release wind shield and lowers.

The handling is nice too. With the cooler weather; I've been putting as many miles on the Voyager as the Rocket, so switching back and forth is slowing my learning curve.
But, she leans further than the Voyager. I thought I wasn't taking the twistys as fast; but once I started glancing at the tank mounted speedo; I realized I was going at least as fast.
The geometry is different and I'm sure when spring hits and I can spend most of my time on the Rocket; I will get more comfortable with her characteristics.

So far I'm really enjoying have this bike to play around on. But until winter is over; my courtship will be slow going.
Not that slow is something usually associated with this bike!:)

Scott

·
Registered
377 Posts
Thanks Scott... Great write up. Keep the info coming. The more I hear and see, the more I like the bike. "Turnips" may rule again :)

WEG

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
I saw a t-shirt at J&P Cycles......

(Top Rocker) Sons of Arthritis
(Bottom Rocker) Ibuprofen Chapter
with a geezer on a bike in the middle
I thought it was funny, but I just don't need another t-shirt.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts