·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Very cool!

Hey, got a link to those speakers?

·
Registered
754 Posts
Nice video, KenDawg. The GoPro Hero has great audio. The debaffled pipes sound great, too. Nice to see blue sky and green grass...been pretty dreary and cloudy lately up here in the northland. Thanks for sharing!!:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice video, thanks for sharing! A chest harness will knock out most, if not all, of that wind noise at speed. Great video though! The pipes and the radio both sound awesome.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
So Ken would you say that sounds pretty good on the highway?

I've been back and forth on whether or not I wanted a fairing audio system or to beef up my handlebar mounted setup. So I'm always trying to see new stuff!

The shark speakers I have (600W kit) work 'ok' as long as you have the bass turned all the way down on whatever audio source you're using. But I'd like more sound!

I'd also like a go pro! I always thought it would be fun to do the 'motorcycle vlogging'. Not sure anyone would wanna watch me ride my 900 around but it would be fun to do nonetheless!

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Romans5.8,

The speakers sound great up to about 55 mph. I can listen to the music up to around 70-75, but then wind noise starts to interfere some. A lot depends on direction. The radio will go loud enough, but above 28 distortion sets in. Not sure if it's distorting at loud volume due to the lack of radio power, or the speakers.

If I had the cash Id go fairing with 6x9's. If that seems a bit much, the speaker upgrade is a good idea. Regardless, these sound much better than the Shark speakers. I can get the bass I was missing, with crisp sound at a higher volume.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Yeah I keep going back and forth. The real issue is, I'm not sure if I want all of that wind protection. I kind of like the 'wide open' look, and the wind protection of a windshield is just right. I don't feel like a sail, I can easily lean back and ride one handed and ride for hours and hours without fatigue, but I'm also still enjoying the wind and the cooling air in the summer!

I really want something that is interstate capable though. Those speakers seem like, with a stronger amp, might actually drive it. I don't use my stereo much in the lower speeds, but it's nice for interstate drones!

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Romans5.8,

I listened to that radio nonstop from Killeen, TX to Ft Carson, Co. both ways in June. I have no complaints. Average speed 65-70 mph. (804 miles each way). They do the job well.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Maybe I'll look in to those then!

I was thinking about going with those along with some Hog Tunes speakers attached to my tour-pak, we'll see how it works out!

·
Registered
123 Posts
GoPro's are pretty awesome. I got my HD2 last december. I have definitely put mine to the test. in February I mounted it on a buddy's racecar which crashed and the entire car fell onto the camera, but it survived! It's also spent some time underwater.
Here is the car crash FAST FORWARD to 2:15

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
What does everybody use to edit their videos? I've been using Movie Maker but it's very basic and sometimes I get glitches in the finished videos but I don't know if it's a problem with the original file or MM.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts