Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I wanted to say thank you to the members of the Vulcan 500 forum for being so helpful and surprisingly friendly. It isn't often that I see forums, on any topic, where the members' goal is to help one another. I have seen no arguments, no name calling, and no one talking about how they think a question is stupid.
I haven't posted much here; almost any question I could have has been answered already. But I have been on the forums almost daily over the last year as I fixed up my Vulcan 500. This is my first real motorcycle and, aside from the carburators, I have loved it. I have a weird connection to this inanimate object that could so easily have killed me. I spent time with it on the road, and in the garage and I know it like I know a close friend. Everything I fixed and improved on it, was because of the help I received from this forum.
After a year with my Vulcan, which now runs perfectly, I have posted an ad on Craigslist to sell it. Not because I don't love it, but because I am ready for something a little newer, and because I want to see someone else learn on it. I plan to buy a new bike, and as a testament to how much I enjoyed my 500, I'll be getting a Vulcan S. So I won't be leaving the forum, I'll just be sliding over a little.
But I'll still be here; I can just finally answer some questions for a change.
I know it's cheesy to write about my bike this way. But riding a motorcycle, especially one you've resurrected, is an oddly special thing that only those of us who ride really understand. There is a sense of freedom and community about it. When you're on the bike, almost all riders are your friends. Once you step off however, it seems everyone wants to show off.
I think the sporty, non V-twin, Vulcan riders understand a little better than most why we ride. It isn't to show off how loud our bikes are. How fast they can go. Or how big the engine is. It is something which is hard to explain, but easy to understand, and we all know it.
The reasons we ride are reflected in this forum by its helpful, non-aggressive members.
That spirit is something I take with me as I ride, and it helps me to remember the reason I live my life on two wheels.
Thank you all,

Phillip

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Yeah. What he said!!

We tend to assign our machines a soul and personality. And a wonderful thing it is, too. Family members.

Phillbert, you're not cheesy at all. You're preaching to those already faithful to the same philosophy!

·
Premium Member
1,182 Posts
It's an honor to have you in these Forums, Phillip.

Please continue to pass on your knowledge of the 500 to those who'll benefit. I know they'll be extremely grateful.

(Hat Tipped)

·
END OF YEAR BIKE 2018 Winner
862 Posts
I'll take 'cheesy'. I always wanted to be a Mouseketeer.

Seriously, we understand where you're coming from bro.

Looking forward to some pics and posts of your new venture with the Vulcan S!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you everyone. I'll definitely get some pictures of the Vulcan S on here once I get it. Just have to wait until someone buys my 500. There's actually another 05 Vulcan 500 in blue, exactly like mine, for sale in Tampa. So it may be a little while

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
I did almost the exact same thing (except I still have the Vulcan 500). You'll love the Vulcan S! I've had mine for 3 years and I'm still thrilled with it!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did almost the exact same thing (except I still have the Vulcan 500). You'll love the Vulcan S! I've had mine for 3 years and I'm still thrilled with it!
I am excited! I will probably get the "cafe" model if it's still available. So far though most people who have inquired about the bike have wanted to trade for piles of guns, half my asking price, or "labor" whatever that means...

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I am excited! I will probably get the "cafe" model if it's still available. So far though most people who have inquired about the bike have wanted to trade for piles of guns, half my asking price, or "labor" whatever that means...

Honestly, spend the money on a better windscreen ; the cafe fairing is junk.

Be sure to get a model with ABS

Saddle up and feel the wind in your Helmet! ATGATT

1 - 10 of 10 Posts