Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
BOTM Winner, October 2015
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GOOD thing I have a Vulcan because my Jeep Grand Cherokee is a piece of steaming crap. It's going to the shop yet again. Warranty or not who has time for this stuff?

Oxygen sensor, liftgate latch, HVAC blower, engine malfunction light that goes on and off at will, terrible sh|tty MPG's never close to the EPA #, starter that left me stranded and towed, strange electrical problems.... the list goes on. Today it's going in for undiagnosable issues with the charging system.

I got 150K+ miles out of my full size Chevy's before trading them in great shape for good money. I take care of my stuff very well and consider this "truck" to be a giant mistake. Winter will be closing in soon and I guess I need to go car shopping.

Rant concluded,

-Cheech

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
itsa CRY'sler, watt did you expect? made in hamtramk, useta be large polish neighborhood with old skool craftsmen who took pride in their work.. b4 the unions and now its Mecca II.. or is that Dearborn? either way ford/cry'sler.. wouldn't touch that junk..

my 99 gmc z71 had over 300k w/327v8 20mpg "all the time!".. was still excellent machine w/solid motor, finally sold it for nuther chevy truk.

·
BOTM Winner, October 2015
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have found out what the J-E-E-P stands for. Just Expect Every Problem, Just Empty Every Pocket and Junk Engineering Executed Poorly. Piece of sh|t

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,854 Posts
I'm on my third Ford truck totaling 630 thousand miles. Been Happy

·
Registered
233 Posts
2002 F150-just turned 235,000. But like Ponch said....they don't make em like they used to. Up there in "Meccaville".

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Had some truck issues myself today! What's going on? A full moon?
Saw the battery light coming on, so ran by a Ford place to have them check the alternator. Battery is only 6 month old. They said it was okay, so went on about my day. Long/short....died about 20 miles from the house. Everyone I know is at work. I waited a few minutes, it cranked again and I drove home. No lights, no gauges, no windshield wiper....even my hazard lights quit working. If I let off the gas, it felt like it was gonna die, so I kept it going as fast as I could. Almost ran over two little old ladies...going too slow, thought they were gonna make my truck die again. It's true....I was Found On Road Dead!

·
Registered
117 Posts
'93 GMC 5.7 stepside with 383k on her... maybe had 170k when i picked her up. ive had to replace some things... then i had to replace one or two of those because they were junkyard parts.... but i love my truck.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I remember a few years ago (~5?) when the newer cherokee came out and JEEP was touting how much quality had improved with the new design and assembly processes. A few weeks later several assembly workers were busted for smoking pot during their break in the lot across the street from the plant. I guess until you're able to eliminate that element all together you'll still have good ones and bad ones. I bought my dakota in 02' when Daimler was Chrysler's babysitter at the time. Some of the stuff got better, some just got more expensive. None did any better with corrosion resistance. Just over 75K miles on my truck now and starting to rust pretty bad under the paint and some not under the paint!

·
Registered
304 Posts
I fixed that... bought a Honda :)

·
BOTM Winner, March 2016
91 Posts
I had a Jeep Commander, bought it brand new with the 5.7L Hemi. What's that? You haven't heard of the Commander? That's right, they only made them for a couple years.

It was a poor design, and not reliably built either. Squeaks and rattles, constantly tracking them down, and it was brand new.

Now I drive a 2007 Range Rover with 145K miles and counting. Hard to believe the Land Rover product is better than the Chrysler product.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts