Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of some good sites to get some mods?

I'm looking for some music as I'm tired of playing with the radio. I don't have an ipod but I see they make a plug and play audio cable that I can plug my android phone into and play music. I'm tempted to just get the aux jack cord since I have a lot of music on my phone but if I found a good price on the Ipod cable I might spring for an ipod for the handlebar controls.

Of course if I use my phone I'm going to need to charge it so a charging port would be in order.

Feel free to suggest any other affordable mods that I might want to look at. I placed in a poker tournament and I'm about to put most of it on a big payment on the bike but if I ran into a good price on some mods I might break off a little first. So far I've done a quick search on amazon and I haven't seen a price that made me go get my wallet.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Pick up the Kawasaki IPOD adapter and then grab an older IPOD 4 or 5 and yous hould be golden.
My brother (who has money to burn) had a drawer full of them when I was visting and my cost was $0

The Ipod adapter was already on the bike. I have a 32GB and it has more music and it's controled by the left bar switches..

gb

·
Registered
79 Posts
i wired in my own phono jack, and shielded the whole wire right up to the stereo inside wire mesh, then wired in a USB port and finally a bluetooth adapter(which plugs into USB).

check my sig line for the link to my thread, and mods

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I don't know if you use a GPS or not, but if you do, wire your GPS into the radio and play your MP3s from there. When the GPS needs to tell you about an upcoming turn, it will pause the MP3, provide directions, and then resume.

Apple products are like Harleys. Overpriced and status symbols.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
The only way to get the handlebar controls is with an iPhone or iPod. If you don't stream music, and just listen to already saved/downloaded music, then I'd go for the old iPod on eBay! Full handlebar controls, song titles on the screen, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts