Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 2012 900 Classic and I'm looking for risers that have height and kickback in the 2-4 inch range. Are there any I can use that won't require me to change cables?

domo arigato

·
Registered
698 Posts
2" certainly won't require cable mods but 4" probably will - irrespective of brand. I got some 2" straight ones off ebay (really good price) which also provides a bit of kickback because of the mount angles.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm running the Baron 4" kickback risers, and the stock cables on my classic! This is about all you can do without longer cables.
Which of your cables are at their max? I might just get longer in all of them and see how it goes. Those look good to me though.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Since my wife is rather small, I installed the Scootworks risers mentioned above, they DO make a difference. I liked them so much, I turned around and installed a set on my V2K.
The cables on her 900 were re-routed behind the triple tree clamp.

·
Registered
5 Posts
risers

I too just recently had the Baron risers (from cruisercustomizing.com) installed. Its making a world of difference in terms of comfortable riding compared to the stock. (vulcan 900 classic LT)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Phat 1's work fine on my LT. Didn't have to move cab;es at all. Any more and you will though. Phat 2's require reroute inside the TT.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts