Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have heard good things about the Memphis Shades Fats shield. This is the one I think I will be purchasing next month. If you find one or hear of one you like better...let me know!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I got a small spitfire shield with my bike when I bought the bike. I like it on when it's cooler out but off most of the time. It's pretty quick to get on and off, just one bolt on each bracket secures and releases the shield. 10 seconds on or off.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's difficult to tell witch one to get (Memphis). They have about 200 choices.

Is there a style that fits our bikes the best? I am tall so I may chose one of the bigger ones.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have a Memphis Shades Fats and it is very handy to remove with the trigger lock system. The mounting system also provides for a angle adjustment with an allen wrench. I can attest as to the usefulness of the shield by the number of bugs that i wash off!

·
Registered
782 Posts
Memphis Shades is a fine shield and the quick release works great. I got the Slim but I wish it was a Fats. The Slim is good, but when it gets cool I think I would like the extra width. I like to see just over the top of the shield when in normal riding position.

I have also heard good things about National Cycle shields, but they are more expensive. Also, if you think Memphis has a lot of options, you won't believe the choices at Nat. Cycle. Also, if you watch their demonstration videos on the difference between Polycarbonate and Acrylic shields, you may end up spending the extra cash. Good luck.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Memphis Shades is a fine shield and the quick release works great. I got the Slim but I wish it was a Fats. The Slim is good, but when it gets cool I think I would like the extra width. I like to see just over the top of the shield when in normal riding position.

I have also heard good things about National Cycle shields, but they are more expensive. Also, if you think Memphis has a lot of options, you won't believe the choices at Nat. Cycle. Also, if you watch their demonstration videos on the difference between Polycarbonate and Acrylic shields, you may end up spending the extra cash. Good luck.

Hey Jeep Pirate....what size do you have where you can see just over the top?? I think that is the way I want mine set up.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Ditto. I am a shorty at 5' 10" and I have a Saddlemen seat that is a little lower than the stock seat. I think I got a 17" Slim but I am planning to cut it down another 2" at least because it is to tall. But just sit on the bike and have a friend measure from the top of the headlight bell up to where you would view the road.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a Memphis Shades Pop Top. It is the smallest quick release I could get when I got it. If your looking to break the wind from your chest it is good, but if you want to be totally shielded it isnt the one for you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I installed a National Cycle removable windshield on my 900 Custom and love it. It only took about 30 minutes to install and once it's done it looks great. And I can put on or take off the windshield in about 30 seconds. When I no I"m going to be riding longer distances on the highway I pop it on. And when I"m cruising around town I normally pop it off. I went with the larger 2-UP model for maximum wind blockage. Couldn't be happier with the National Cycle model.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
HELP!

Will a short windshield still send wind up and over the riders head or do I need a winshield that covers my face???

·
Registered
8 Posts
That depends on the size of the windshield and the size of the rider. The times I want a windshield on my bike, I want to take the wind of my chest and upper body. The larger 2-Up model does a good job at this. If you only concerned about getting the wind off your chest you might be able to get by with a lower profile windshield. Either way, the National Cycle goes on and off in a flash.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts