Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought this was more than a little amusing. I've been looking for a stock V2K exhaust to hack up instead of the only one I have so searching ebay I found this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/05-Kawasaki-VN-2000-VN2000-A-Vulcan-cobra-muffler-pipe-exhaust/311874744371?hash=item489d2ef033:g:atUAAOSwX9FZHLPQ

Over $250 for cobra pipes off a wrecked bike that ara smashed, scraped, dented, rusting, missing hardware & poorly rattle can painted and the seller is describing them as "a good used cobra exhaust". I'd hate to see what he'd consider scrap.

·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Not my more usual areas to hang out, but most certainly great for a laugh... or maybe a shuddering realization that I am completely in the wrong line of work.... Nah, just a good, hearty laugh.

BTW, kikwaam... Lakeland? Eagle Lake here...

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I poked around on Fleabay a bit longer and he's not the only one trying to sell pipes off a crashed bike for way more than the scrap value they're worth. One seller in California had free shipping on their's and accepted offers so I threw out $5 to see what kind of response that generates. Honestly, I'm hoping it doesn't get accepted as I'll then have to drive to the dump to throw them out.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Well I poked around on Fleabay a bit longer and he's not the only one trying to sell pipes off a crashed bike for way more than the scrap value they're worth. One seller in California had free shipping on their's and accepted offers so I threw out $5 to see what kind of response that generates. Honestly, I'm hoping it doesn't get accepted as I'll then have to drive to the dump to throw them out.
Geez... I'd hope that person isn't slow enough to accept $5 for the pipes w/free shipping.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I didn't think they'd accept that offer, and thankfully they didn't. They did counter with $225 though which is only saving $10, but a moot point. If I'm going to haul garbage for someone, I'm not going to pay to do it. As for the original ebay set in ohio, well lets just say there's more than a few reasons I moved from northern ohio last year, being around that level of incompetency from far too many people was getting old.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts