Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I'm kinda new to riding....I bought a 1985 Suzuki 550L a while back and have logged in about 600 miles on it. I wanted a bike that I wasn't afraid to drop.....havent dropped it yet. Now Im looking at a 2009 Kawasaki 900 Custom (Candy Burnt Orange) or a black 2009 Kawasaki 900 classic. Over the phone the dealer said $5900 for either one so I imagine they would take a little less. Is that a good deal?

·
Banned
334 Posts
Over the phone the dealer said $5900 for either one so I imagine they would take a little less. Is that a good deal?
Yes, as long as the additional miscellaneous charges are reasonable. I doubt they'll go much lower than that, but you could probably talk them into a nice discount on some accessories or safety gear.

Joe

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, as long as the additional miscellaneous charges are reasonable. I doubt they'll go much lower than that, but you could probably talk them into a nice discount on some accessories or safety gear.

Joe
Yeah I'm not going for that "additional 300 bucks for freight and set up" BS. I'm going to give them a ride sometime next week......im not crazy about the orange color on the custom but I do prefer the body style over the classic. Might test ride an Iron 883 too but it's hard to pass up the price on this 900 custom.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wonder if I could get them to do a free install if I offered to buy a set of Cobra exhaust from them too?

·
Registered
47 Posts
You're going to be uncomfortable with the 883..IMHO.
At least, I was very uncomfortable, and the shocks are terrible. It's NOT a good cruiser to me.

Picked up my '07 900 Custom for only $5k with a TON of custom stuff done to it..you can probably find a better deal out there if you don't want to go with a dealer. All depends on what you want. :)

·
Registered
455 Posts
If new left-overs, the $5,900 is an excellent deal.

Might as well ask if he has a left-over LT. I screwed up, and didn't go for an extra $400 to get one. Anything on it you don't want, take off and sell. Gives you cash to make it "your way".

·
Registered
47 Posts
Question: Do the 900s have self cancelling turn signals?
My 07 does not. One button activates each signal. Push towards the side you're turning, push down to turn off. Simple, and the led is pretty bright..it's easy for me to know my signal is on.

I watched my boyfriend ride my bike home, and he's a nerd anyway..so the blinker was on most of the time. He just doesn't pay attention to things like that. :|

1 - 10 of 10 Posts