Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there...
OK.. I'm a lurker, been looking for a used Classic Lt for awhile now and found one somewhat local at a HD dealership. This is an 09 Classic LT with 2052 miles on it...I haven't seen it except for pictures on their website...looks pretty clean from the pictures but I noticed one thing that made me wonder...

On the rightside, side cover the Kawasaki badge is there, there is NO badge on the left sige, side cover...now this is a pretty minor thing in the big picture but I was wondering if this is normal or if it's a possible indication of other things, perhaps a drop? Can't see any visiable damage from the pictures but before I head over there, just tought I pass it by you folks.

The "asking" price is $6499, I'm sure I can do better. I do know a guy that picked up a used Yamaha from this HD dealer and was happy with the way he was treated and the overal purchase. They do not warranty anything other than used HD's so your pretty much on your own there...

OK.. thoughts??...reasonable price??, should I be looking out for anything in partiuclar..not that it matters for this discussion but it's white/sliver and I do really like that combination.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I paid $5800 plus fees and TTL for my new 2009 at a Kawi dealership. And I've taken off all the badges already. There's only one "Kawasaki" badge on the lower part of the bike. And two on the tank.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I bought an 08 classic with 2700 miles last month for 4000

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
As stated there is only one side cover badge, i actually got a second for my left hand side cover to balance the weight LOL. As far as price goes, the LT cost more than a classic and comes with a 2 year warranty vs the classic with a one year. Find out when the warranty expires. Pricing is what ever the market will bare for your area.

Good luck with your purchase.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got a new 09 Classic LT last year for that price. For one more year later and 2000 miles they should come down some on the price. I love mine except for one problem. If they will let you, test drive it. If I did not like mine so much I would sell it because of the annoying ticking sound. Does not seem to bother most people but it is just one of those sounds that drive me crazy.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
I did not like mine so much I would sell it because of the annoying ticking sound. Does not seem to bother most people but it is just one of those sounds that drive me crazy.
Have your shop check it out, dont like the answer, take it to a different shop. I have 22400 kms (13941 miles)on my 9 classic LT, while it makes every noise but farting, i still dont hear mine ticking.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Have your shop check it out, dont like the answer, take it to a different shop. I have 22400 kms (13941 miles)on my 9 classic LT, while it makes every noise but farting, i still dont hear mine ticking.
I have been to 2 different shops and called Kaw customer service and they all say it is normal. Told them I have rebuilt many engines and none of mine have any ticking. lol

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
I have been to 2 different shops and called Kaw customer service and they all say it is normal. Told them I have rebuilt many engines and none of mine have any ticking. lol
Maybe the mechanic dropped his watch in there ...:D

·
Registered
292 Posts
Paid $4200 for my 06 V9D in Jan 2011 with 5600 miles on it. Yours seems too high a price for used, but then again, 07, 6700 miles, $5000 is the cheapest I can find used in the SLC, Utah area. I see a lot of private sales with higher prices and lower miles; if you can hold out until winter (Dec, especially Jan), you can get ahold of some really sweet deals, both new and used. But then again, if you are like the rest of us, if you can't ride one, at least your other ride never turns you down.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for the response

Hey there everyone,
Thanks for all the responses, as I suspected, prices seem to be scattered all over the place..here in New Jersey, a new 2009 or possibly 2010 Classic LT leftover runs about $6700, but by time the dealer gets done "preping" it, the real out the door price with NJ sales tax is pushing $8000. Still not all that bad, but it has been sitting either on a sales floor or in storage for 1-2 years and take that depreciation hit almost immediately ( not that I'm thinkg of re-selling, just saying...)

I my conversations with other guys who have bought used metric bikes from HD dealers , they just want to get them moved and out of their showrooms so I'm sure that the asking price is pretty negoitable...I'm thinking about offering $5500 or so...it's an 09 with 2K miles...does this sound reasonable?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Never hurts to offer. Even if the stealership doesn't take the offer, come back again in a week with the same offer; they may have changed their minds, especially if there is no other action on the bike.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts