Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!

Found this Vulcan I like.
It's a 2008 custom black with 2500 miles,cool grips,Hard Krome 3" pipes,windshield and a power commander.asking price is $5500

Very clean and no scratches. What do you think,Good Deal?

Also went to the dealer he had a 09 custom stock with 12000 miles for
$3800

Please give me some thoughts on this.
Thanks

·
Registered
711 Posts
I woud go for the 09 for $3800 but is way cheap so I wonder if there is anything wrong with it. If nothing wrong then you can add your choice of exhaust, intake and fuel management for about 1k and you will save about $1700.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hi Everyone!

It's a 2008 custom black with 2500 miles,cool grips,Hard Krome 3" pipes,windshield and a power commander.asking price is $5500

$3800

Thanks
my honest opinion...not a spectacular deal...i use:

www.searchtempest.com ...it searches all craigslist cities within a specified mileage range for you...so, instead of one craigslist window at a time...you can have it search a slew of cities and same search term (vulcan 900, etc...)

heck, i saw one in peoria, IL ...2007 vulcan 900 classic with most of those features you list for $3,200...i'm thinking about buying it...even though I own a 06 vulcan 900...but, 07 would be upgrade and lower miles and has the power commander, pipes, etc...oops...just looked again...sold...ughh!!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Five and a half is a little high, but not stupidly so since the bike has 1K worth of bolt-ons---well, maybe less "used".
I'd have to take a haaard look at the dealer bike with 12K - since you're only 3,000 miles from the 15K valve check, which you might talk them into doing gratis - ootherwise it'll cost you another 5-700 dollars pretty soon. The 900 is certainly good to go for MANY miles beyond 12K - but I'd look at things like tires, coorosion, etc...before I bought a medium high mileage bike from a dealer. Make them give you a CARFAX for it (yes...it works for bikes too!) If they bauk...run like the wind!

There are a LOT of VN's out there for sale - and if you're willing to drive a little and look a lot you can find a better deal - but in the end you're going to have to decide how much you have to spend and what you want for it.:cool:

Good Luck!!!
Let us know how you make out!!!:D

·
Registered
138 Posts
My dealer just had his fall sale. He is selling 09, 900 leftovers (this one a 900 classic) no miles, built right from the crate for $5,495. Not sure if he still has $200 fright and set up waived or if he added that on now that the sale is over. Tags and doc fee $98.00 that's it, no other fees.

There are a lot of deals at some dealers. Some are still not getting it though. It's a buyers market, especially if you have money. Look around even if you have to drive a bit. It may be worth it. :)

My two cents

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Everyone for all the input.

I keep going back to that 08 for 5500.

I really like the custom it just feels better then the classic for ME.

I'm going to offer 5300 and see what happens,with a 1k in add ons that would be a pretty good deal.

thanks again for the feedback

·
Registered
742 Posts
Hi Everyone!

$3800

Thanks
you said the 09 was a custom also... and for 3800 that's not a bad deal! offer 3500 or something since it has 12K on it and is fully stock... you can make it tons better than the 08 custom with $2K in add ons YOU PICK! :D

·
Registered
451 Posts
Unless he's a friend of yours, I'd offer $4900 on the '08, and let him counter. No harm in lowballing. It's fall, and it's a buyers' market.

Carfax is a good idea on any used vehicle.

·
Registered
441 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts