Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a 900 Classic but looking for something bigger, same style. I've been on the fence about a V2K or a 1700. Left over new or slightly used V2Ks seem harder to come by anymore so I've been looking more at the 1700s.

I found a left over brand new 2009 1700 Classic for $7900. I can get it out the door for around $9000. They are offering me $5000 for my bike stock. I'm thinking it's a pretty good deal and I'm wondering what others think before I maybe make a move on it.

Anybody care to chime in with their opinion?

Thanks in advance

·
V2K Rogue Wrangler
1,112 Posts
Go for the V2K, if you can find one.

FYI: the V2K has more power and gets better mpg than the 1700 - all for a slight increase in weight. Better mpg? Yes.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I know a friend of mine just sold the local dealer a 2009 900lt for $4800 and it had over 5000 miles on it. Trading it in you always loose money from what I have seen.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I currently have a 900 Classic but looking for something bigger, same style. I've been on the fence about a V2K or a 1700. Left over new or slightly used V2Ks seem harder to come by anymore so I've been looking more at the 1700s.

I found a left over brand new 2009 1700 Classic for $7900. I can get it out the door for around $9000. They are offering me $5000 for my bike stock. I'm thinking it's a pretty good deal and I'm wondering what others think before I maybe make a move on it.

Anybody care to chime in with their opinion?

Thanks in advance
I've ridden both the 2000 LT and the 1700 LT. The 1700 is plenty fast and has gobs of torque. The 2000 is a little faster and has more torque.

I can put a 140-pound human on the back of a 1700 and barely notice that they are there. I can put that same 140-pound human on the back of a 2000 and forget that they are there!

The real-world handling differences due to weight are minimal as you are either comfortable on a big bike or you are not and you generally aren't going to be racing either one in the twisties anyway.

As it turned out, I came across a screamingly good deal on a barely used 1700 LT, bought it, and have never looked back nor regretted the decision. If I had come across a similar deal on a 2000 LT prior to finding the 1700, I would definitely have jumped all over it and never looked back nor regretted it, either.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I have read that the rear suspension on the 2000 is a little weak. I would love to have a Rogue. Cool looking VN2000.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Wow. I am in Greensburg. What dealer is it at. I going to go there and get it. All kidding aside. I think that's a great deat if it is NEW. I got a 09 nomad at Mosittes in Irwin for a good price in 2010. Honestly I don't remember what I paid for it. I traded in my 04 nomad. Nothing wrong with it but I couldn't pass the deal. I love the 1700. Alot of people complain about the belt noise. Either I am deaf but I don't hear any. I do hear the FI whine at times and the tranny whine at times, but it is a motorcycle. All kinds of noises come from them. The heat? Yea it gets hot when in traffic. It was terriable last year when I went to TN in Aug., but it was 90+ here. Heck without air condition, anything would be hot. Talk to the HD guys and ask them how hot the Ultras get. As far as throttle respnse. I think it is a little slow from a dead stop, but put that thing in 6th and look out. My wife has a 900 and I feel bad for her. She always looks like a fly in the mirrior LOL.
With all I said, I wouldn't give up this 09 1700 nomad for any other bike. Right now LOL
Bill

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Go for the V2K, if you can find one.

FYI: the V2K has more power and gets better mpg than the 1700 - all for a slight increase in weight. Better mpg? Yes.
Funny you say that about the V2K. Last night I got a call from a guy selling a 2009 V2K LT Classic with 1400 miles. He wants $9000 for it and is waiting to hear back from someone who is trying to low ball him. The bike is beautiful!

I should know by tomorrow but I think I will jump on it. Good thing is he's only an hour from away from me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts