Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. This year I'll have my bike on campus as my means of transportation ($30 parking pass compared to $300 for a car). Anyways, I need to invest in a good weatherproof cover to keep the elements off my bike... Any suggestions or experiences of your own that may be helpful? (The bike will be garaged in the winter time)

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Supposedly, covers with logo's increase the instances of theft. So, keep that in mind. I'd also suggest you get a cover with vents; for two reasons. One, it allows some air flow so any moisture underneath evaporates. Two; if there's heavy wind, the cover won't just become a sail and get yanked off the bike. You also want a cover with at least a couple clip-on straps underneath.

I use one like this one: https://www.amazon.com/Dowco-50002-02-Guardian-WeatherAll-Motorcycle/dp/B0022UP9V6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1472220827&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=motorcycle+cover&psc=1

My bike spends 99% of it's non-ridden life in a garage. But when camping, I bring that along. And it works well. Keeps the overnight rain off. I usually don't use it, unless we're expecting weather overnight. A little silly to be honest, because I'll ride it in the rain. But, it's what I do! Ha!

Make sure the pipes are cool before you put the cover on.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
I use one like this on my 05 800 classic in an extra large, I believe ts a 2xl for the Voyager. They have heat shields along the bottom and I have put it on the bike 5 minutes after parking it. I rarely use them, mostly only in the winter when expecting snow or freezing rain. Here in northern Ga., thats rare. Guardian Cycle Cover | 150-637 | J&P Cycles

·
Registered
494 Posts
My local kawi shop sells a Guardian cover. I got it for my new Vaquero, and so far, so good. Some moisture gets underneath, whether from pulling the cover off or what, I'm not sure. Dirt and stuff doesn't get on the bike, so that's good.

It's got a strap underneath, unlike cheaper ones I've used in the past, and it's made of a sturdier material. It was around $100.

-John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts