Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Change my brake pads. I have owned this 07 with 11,000KM for a year previous owner have it for 5. I changed the tires oil and so on = all maitenance is up to date.
When I purchased the bike I had no service records so it was eaisest to replace all fluids etc. I have a set of pad i bought and have not put on. The pads are still original so they are 8 years old with lots of pad left.

Question is do brake pads detierorate with age....not having problems stopping....do you think I should change them? ( I really dont want to shop is really clean)

Hoping the weather wizard is wrong...I will be riding if they are otherwise to I want to get messy :)

·
Registered
529 Posts
I would not change them. Its not like there going to rot and break in half or anything.

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
Brakes would be fine, if you haven't already, possibly flush the brake fluids

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fluids were done the day I picked her up. Funny DarkArcher wife said the same thing :)

We use to have a track car and always did the brakes - she pumped :)

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
It's nice to have a helper! I do my brakes once a year or so, man it makes such a difference.

Nah, they don't break down. Not that fast anyway. Ride on! Check them for thickness now and then.

·
Registered
235 Posts
The brake pads have a wear indicator. They do not need to be changed until worn down to the indicator. I would just change fluid and bleed them.

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts