Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about making my V2K classic Lt into a solo bagger, meaning removing the backrest and rear passenger seat, anyone do this and how hard is it to remove all the hardwear from the pass seat. I would want to put on a rear mustang fender bib and would need a mounting hole to screw in the rear of the bib. Are the holes already lined up for this or would i have to do any mods to accomidate fender bib. Also probably would have to get plate relocator and hole plugs

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice chrome piece. Well as it stands, i just came out of the garage and removed the sissy bar with backrest, removed the rear passenger seat and all the hardware, and removed the pasenger floorboards, all took about 45min or so. I just orderd a mustang rear fender bib, studded to match my mustang seat and oem bags. Looks real good so far and im happy with the results. Like having a diffrent bike. Cant wait for the fender bib to get here, saw some pics online and looks good. Now looking into a licence plate relocation kit. the plate is ok where it is for now but eventually want to move it to below the light bar for the directionals.

·
Registered
953 Posts
you could spend a couple bucks and just have a painter fill in the old holes and put the plate and turn signals in the fender. They could color match your current paint , just an option. These v2k's look great as solo's

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you could spend a couple bucks and just have a painter fill in the old holes and put the plate and turn signals in the fender. They could color match your current paint , just an option. These v2k's look great as solo's

thanks but im not going to put much more money into her, this is just kind of like a quick fix, change. I did order the mustang fender bib and was wondering if there was something i can use beside filler to cover up the holes for the licence plate holes. I know kuryakyn makes hole covers for harley, does anyone make one for these. or maybe I can find some type of plastic black hole plug at the hardware store if it comes down to it. I really do want to move the plate to underneath the turn signals. Show chrome makes a relocation bracket to fit there.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I didn't even use a bib. I just got chrome screws for the holes in the top. I think it looks good, and it's easy to put the rear seat back on. Just tuck the cable under the front seat, and the rest of the hardware comes off easy.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't even use a bib. I just got chrome screws for the holes in the top. I think it looks good, and it's easy to put the rear seat back on. Just tuck the cable under the front seat, and the rest of the hardware comes off easy.
I did just that, removed all the hardware and tucked the cable under the seat, want the bib to cover up some marks the passenger seat left on the paint plus it will match my mustang seat and enhance the look of the fender. I guess i can find some type of chrome screws to fill in the licence plate holes eventually after i move that.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I did just that, removed all the hardware and tucked the cable under the seat, want the bib to cover up some marks the passenger seat left on the paint plus it will match my mustang seat and enhance the look of the fender. I guess i can find some type of chrome screws to fill in the licence plate holes eventually after i move that.
Mine's got some marks from the Mustang pillion, too. I don't worry too much about it. My bike's not a show bike, I think of it more like a hot rod. Not that there's anything at all wrong with wanting to doll up your bike and make it pretty. And the V2K really lends itself to that. I put black screws in the license plate holder holes. With the chromes ones on top it was looking like too many chrome dots.

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,906 Posts
It really does not take long to remove the hard ware, and put it back.

I put it on and take it off all the time, depending on if the misses wants to ride or not.

My seats (front and rear) are actually mustang seats I had redone. Same for the fender bib.

·
Registered
953 Posts
thanks but im not going to put much more money into her, this is just kind of like a quick fix, change. I did order the mustang fender bib and was wondering if there was something i can use beside filler to cover up the holes for the licence plate holes. I know kuryakyn makes hole covers for harley, does anyone make one for these. or maybe I can find some type of plastic black hole plug at the hardware store if it comes down to it. I really do want to move the plate to underneath the turn signals. Show chrome makes a relocation bracket to fit there.
think i had the same relocation bracket a couple years ago, if i remember right it came with all the hardware to cover the holes. Dont quote me though

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
think i had the same relocation bracket a couple years ago, if i remember right it came with all the hardware to cover the holes. Dont quote me though

I actually searched for pics of the relocation kit and found your pic earlier. that is the same bracket that I orderd. im glad to hear that it came with hardware to cover the holes, I hope otherwise ill be off to the store to try and find something. I have a local bike shop that sells all kinds of stuff like spike shaped screws and skulls so im sure ill find something if its not included.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts