Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thot to put this in another section, but then watt the helck. this is as good place as any. just doing some reading came across this article, the BIGGEST airship ever to take the skies.. well fly anyway.. it is a Rusky AN-225.. I shall call it the BEAR.. well cuz its my thread and I can get away with a lot here?

it is 276ft long, loaded 640 tons! has 6x d18 motors a 51.6k lb thrust.. EACH!
has a 300kg fuel tank, cruises at 497mph and can fly 18hrs/9k miles is a long time to hold yor pee! it can carry 250 tons of yor favorite :beer: beverage

anyway, ther wasn't much going on with mc's lately. so this mite stir up the troops a bit. so watt have you gott that is bigger n better than this? poncho

Attachments

·
Registered
560 Posts
Power house

Presenting the Wartsila-Sulzer. Made in 6 and up to 14 cylinders, two stroke turbo charged diesel for very large ships.

H.P. per cylinder- 7780. Max H.P 108,000 @ 102 rpm.

Max torque 5.6 million ft/lbs @ 102 rpm.

Consumes 1660 gallons of fuel oil per hour

Crankshaft weighs in at 300 tons

Attachments

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah its bigg.. butt can it fly?

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Maybe, after tweekin the rev limiter, and installin one of them wind generator props!:D
you mean one of these Bird Killer Wind Farm things?

I would tell the kids that this is where they make Wind.. comes from Wind Farms..
some lil smarty pance would test me,, so I'd give em some inside info that its really how the government regulates the rotation of the earth to keep all the clox synchronized..
butt I am saving my best stories for after you'v all had nuff libations for this all to make sense.. ponchout

Attachments

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Presenting the Wartsila-Sulzer. Made in 6 and up to 14 cylinders, two stroke turbo charged diesel for very large ships.

H.P. per cylinder- 7780. Max H.P 108,000 @ 102 rpm.

Max torque 5.6 million ft/lbs @ 102 rpm.

Consumes 1660 gallons of fuel oil per hour

Crankshaft weighs in at 300 tons
I just got off a ship yesterday that had 6 of those :)

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Attachments

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
No fires. Typical Texan though. Something scary happens one time, makes the news, and now he's got his tail between his legs and is scared of it :p

Just messing. No it was a great time. It actually had 7 engines in total, including a caterpillar backup generator up on the top deck. Self contained with its own fuel. I assume that is probably there in case of an engine room fire or something similar. At least the ship will have some power.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Self contained with its own fuel. I assume that is probably there in case of an engine room fire or something similar. At least the ship will have some power.
that's so the bands musical instruments will work while playing when the ship goes down. LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts