Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a windshield glass only i dont need the bracket i am going to take the glass and drill different holes and cut it out for my headlight. the one that came on the bike is just to short. anyone got anything let me know.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It might help to know what kind of bike you have
As to what bike the glass comes from it does not matter to me i will reowrk the cut out and the hole pattern once i have it. If i had a big enough oven i would just make my own, i attempted it in the past but without heating the plastic evenly in oven to get that curve never works out right and if you force the plastic to shape without heat, over time it will break.

I am going to reuse my exsisting brakets just need a piece of curved lexan/polycarbonate.

·
BOTM Winner, December 2013
1,172 Posts
well since the op is being secretive about what bike he rides I took the liberty of checking out where he does the majority of his posting....... seems its in the vn2000 section.... so I assume he has a v2k....... that bit of info MAY help those who wish to help the OP !

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well since the op is being secretive about what bike he rides I took the liberty of checking out where he does the majority of his posting....... seems its in the vn2000 section.... so I assume he has a v2k....... that bit of info MAY help those who wish to help the OP !
Lol , ya i guess i never did answer that portion did i. Sorry about that. Yes i have 2005 V2K Limited Edition. It came with what i can tell was the oem Shield but its way to short bout raddled my brain loose and really pay havoc to a passenger.

I would love a full fairing and all but they only make one for my bike. Way to expensive for my taste right now. I might get daring at some point if i can find one on CGlist or something cheap and try molding it to fit get fiberglass work and paint done.

·
BOTM Winner, December 2013
1,172 Posts
lol didn't want to seem nosey ..... just trying to be helpful !!!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya no big deal, i just did'nt want people to think i was only looking for a shield from just the V2K. I am looking for a large/tall 2up shield. i have looked on ebay but nothing really.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Holy cow $150 bucks for a piece of plastic. the whole sheet is only $125. I may give it a try my self i found some more methods for heating and bending it. But now i do know they sell replacement shields for my brackets thanks.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I believe Rifle make them also. I would assume they are in the same price range as the ones mentions above. I was looking at replacement shield kind of recently. That is why that are on the for front of my mind.

But if you can get a homemade one to work then maybe with your leftovers you can make some lowers too. There are some DIY's on the forum (in the 900 forum for sure).

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I believe Rifle make them also. I would assume they are in the same price range as the ones mentions above. I was looking at replacement shield kind of recently. That is why that are on the for front of my mind.

But if you can get a homemade one to work then maybe with your leftovers you can make some lowers too. There are some DIY's on the forum (in the 900 forum for sure).
ya ya, can someone tell me why anything you attach the word motorcycle to makes the price 4X as much. Well i might just venture to the DYI and make a whole write up about how to. I just miss my previous employer i got tons of scrap lexan 1/4" 3/8" wish i would of gotten more/.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
ya ya, can someone tell me why anything you attach the word motorcycle to makes the price 4X as much. Well i might just venture to the DYI and make a whole write up about how to. I just miss my previous employer i got tons of scrap lexan 1/4" 3/8" wish i would of gotten more/.
Because there are enough people who are not mechanically inclined enough to make add an accessory to their bike, or lightly modify one with out it being a perfect fit, or the lack of tools. For me it is the latter. But every time I need a tool I do not have, i usually try and buy it. I relied on my dad's pile of tools until I moved. Now I am starting to get me a good collection going one piece (or set) at a time.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
These guys manufacture replacement plastics in custom sizes that use your existing brackets.
Worth checking out.

These links are for the V2K

Enjoy
J.

http://www.7jurock.com/store/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=87

http://www.7jurock.com/store/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=278
I talked to these guys here are the prices for a 26" windshield:
The price for our replacement for the windshield are as follows:

Cut and Drilled, ready to install:
26” tall, 24” wide in Clear- $170.00
26” tall, 24” wide in Light Grey- $180.00

Blank shield, not cut or drilled:
26” tall, 24” wide in Clear- $153.00
26” tall, 24” wide in Light Grey- $162.00

The price does to include shipping, which is usually between $20-$25, for most locations within the 48 states.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts