Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a few questions I am hoping you guys can help me out with?

1. I am looking for a sissy bar with a rack and I've come across two that come to mind.
The first one is on ebay and is the cheapest deal that I've come across so far, but I was wondering if anyone has any experience with them? Are they pure junk, or somewhat decent?
Here is the link to the ebay one:

The second one is the Givi sissy bar which looks lovely from all the pictures I've seen of it, but is quite a bit more money. So would it be worth the extra $230 for the better one?
Here is the link for the Givi sissy bar.

2. I have a set of viking bags on my bike right now, but I am finding them just alittle too small, plus I've been having issues with them. So I've been thinking of upgrading to the Givi TRK33/46 Trekker Case as they have a much better mounting system, and I really like how they are easy to remove plus they are bigger as well. Only thing is I want to go with the 46 for space, it would be nice having a spot to store my helmet, but I feel they may look to wide on the bike and ruin the overall look? Has anyone used the 46 as side bags, or should I just stick with the 33?

If anyone has any pictures of the ebay sissy bars or the givi 46 as side bags, please share your pictures and all advice is always welcome.
Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I had a bad experience with a generic chinese import sissy bar not the same but very similar to the one you showed.
Nowhere near the correct fit. It took alot of fabrication work to make it happen.

You will need to have OEM passenger pegs to fit the Givi Side Case supports. I personally prefer the new Dolomiti 36L Side Cases. They come with retro fit attachments so they can mount on the Givi Vulcan S brackets. The older Trekker Outback 37L cases wont fit.

I just put my helmet on over the sissy bar and lock it with a padlock and bike cable if I just going to shops otherwise I take my helmet inside for work.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Be prepared to modify those cheap Chinese sissy bars and accessories to work(one size does not fit all)

That being said check out R&G

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hello, I have a few questions I am hoping you guys can help me out with?

1. I am looking for a sissy bar with a rack and I've come across two that come to mind.
The first one is on ebay and is the cheapest deal that I've come across so far, but I was wondering if anyone has any experience with them? Are they pure junk, or somewhat decent?
Here is the link to the ebay one:

The second one is the Givi sissy bar which looks lovely from all the pictures I've seen of it, but is quite a bit more money. So would it be worth the extra $230 for the better one?
Here is the link for the Givi sissy bar.

Thank you in advance.
I bought the cheap Ebay one and it is rubbish. The mounting bolts were so thin and flimsy , the back rest was actually angled back and my girl couldn't trust the sissy bar. It rusted really quickly and was super thin material. the luggage rack didn't really get used that much but the mounting points were terrible.

I ended up buying the Givi sissy bar and the built quality , by far the best I have seen. The back rest is straight up which inspires confidence for the pillion which means they fidget a lot less on the bike. The build just screams quality and the mounting bolts are super sturdy.

I feel a lot more confident having someone lean on the Givi compared to the ebay one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for the feedback on the sissy bars! Going off what everyone is saying, I will just bite the bullet and get the givi sissy bars. I've seen the R&G ones before, but I am after the back rack on the sissy bars which the R&G sadly doesn't have.

I was also looking into the Dolomiti 36L bags as well, I do like the overall look but I don't care much for the handle on them, plus I really do like the design on the Trekker bags more and how you have two ways to open them up. It's too bad the outback's do not work with the Vulcan S...

·
Registered
27 Posts

I have the Givi E21s on mine for daily duty. I can use the same Givi racks to mount my Kappa K40s for a longer trip. At 40L, they look really big on the Vulcan S.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts