Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Feels like this on the site. I know I'm new, but most topic threads are fairly old and I might see one or two responses in them. Is it usually like this?

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
Nope, not at all. Well, yea, at this time of the year, most everyone is riding or vacationing or working ... or all of the above! And that will be changing soon enough!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll take your guys word for it. The other riding community I follow along in is very active even during the riding months, but then again I'm from Texas so I don't have an offseason.

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,854 Posts
Well here in south Texas we only have three season.. Hot, Hotter and Christmas.

I don't mean to rub it in to you northern boys but no cabin fever down here.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well here in south Texas we only have three season.. Hot, Hotter and Christmas.

I don't mean to rub it in to you northern boys but no cabin fever down here.
Lol yeah it does have it's benefits. Only downside to it is I wear full gear and lately it's been pretty damn hot. I usually start the summer off at 205lbs and I'll be about 185 by the fall. Who needs exercise when you can just ride?

I did live in the Pacific Northwest for most my life and when I rode my old mans funeral I froze my ass off from being down here for so long. Temp was like 85 but in the mountains that's like a 65 to me haha. I was sleeveless that day too.

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,907 Posts
Haha depends on the time of day and if I can use the HOV. Where do you live?
I did live in the Pacific Northwest for most my life and when I rode my old mans funeral I froze my ass off from being down here for so long. Temp was like 85 but in the mountains that's like a 65 to me haha. I was sleeveless that day too.
I'm in Texas City. My brother is in Willis, so I drive up that way every once in awhile.

Yeppers on the Northwest thing. I lived in the Seattle area for 5 years. Lived in Texas the other 40+ years. I was cold when I first moved up there...in August.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice, I used to live in Spokane and in the northern Idaho area. I'm looking forward to seeing the Hawks play sometime in the future against the Texans.

Eventually I would like to make a trip up there sometime just to go back and show the wife and kids. If your ever up in this area feel free to let me know. If I haven't got to much going on I'm good for a couple beers and food.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts