Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced rear HUB, all bearings (front/rear), chrome pulley, all new brake pads and Mustang seat.

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,906 Posts
smedlin,

Where did you get your current pipes? Any links?
I don't remember exactly where. At the time, they were still pretty new on the market and really hard to find.

I see that cruiser customizing has them...

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/freedom-performance-exhaust-chrome-radius-exhaust-kawasaki-vulcan-vn2000-04-to-09/part/FPE-MK00003

So does Phat (and they are cheaper)

http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/Freedom_Performance_Sharp_Curve_Radius_Chrome_Exha_p/mk00003.htm

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Looks good!

The chrome pulley looks sharp. I don't believe anyone makes one for the 900 but I've been itching to take the stock one off and give it a good polishing, see just how shiny it can get... I've got a drill, a roto-zip, an angle grinder... something with something attached to it is bound to make it shiny right?

Of course my pulley is much less visible than yours with hard saddlebags on the bike. But; still!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Good Job!!

The Mustang seat is Awesome, just did a little over 1,000 miles last weekend and it was great!! Even the wifes seat was great, no complaints from her!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Mustang seat is Awesome, just did a little over 1,000 miles last weekend and it was great!! Even the wifes seat was great, no complaints from her!!
The Mustang seat is a bit taller than the stock seat. I am 5'7" and might have to put the stock back on. If I can get the bike 2" lower that would be perfect.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
smedlin,
I found a local shop in Richardson that carry this exhaust for $540 OTD. If I get this, can you send me your map for my Power Commander III?

·
Registered
775 Posts
Low

The Mustang seat is a bit taller than the stock seat. I am 5'7" and might have to put the stock back on. If I can get the bike 2" lower that would be perfect.
I'm 5'7" too.
2" lower and you will be scraping stuff !
The nicer ride is worth not flat footing.
You don't need both feet flat on the ground.

JJ

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,906 Posts
smedlin,
I found a local shop in Richardson that carry this exhaust for $540 OTD. If I get this, can you send me your map for my Power Commander III?
it probably would not fit yours to well.

I had it dyno' July last year. High humidity summer on the gulf..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts