Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Pleased to have found this forum which was recommended to me from some of my MC riding club friends. Am going to pick up a new Vaquero
blue 2020 model in a couple of days. Any recommendations or quirks I should know about. Read a lot about the Ivan flashing making it a much better ride. Is this true? Average about 10,000 miles a year riding.

·
Registered
112 Posts
If you want all you can get out of your Vaq then I recommend the big three mods right off. Air kit, exhaust and Ivan's flash. Do all three and you will never regret it! But ride it stock for a little while first so you will appreciate the changes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
the engine makes some weird pings and bangs when cold, it's normal.
keep the clutch fluid changed yearly, the clutch slave cylinder can gum up and make the lever pull hard.

·
Registered
164 Posts
What DaPreacher said.....ride it for a while and then Ivanize and make any other exhaust-air box changes when you do. You will be amazed that the difference. A new bike. I did my new 2016 Voyager at the 2000 mile mark. Wow...woke up the beast on my otherwise stock bike. Best single mod I will ever do. And I had warranty work done at 3500 mile mark. No issues. Currently 23K miles now. Oh...mirror extenders are a cheap and great mod.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you want all you can get out of your Vaq then I recommend the big three mods right off. Air kit, exhaust and Ivan's flash. Do all three and you will never regret it! But ride it stock for a little while first so you will appreciate the changes.
Which Air Kit does this group recommend? I am signing the papers on a new 2019 Vaquero tomorrow and the dealer will be delivering it on Saturday. I went ahead and ordered a bunch of accessories, including the Cobra Tri Oval pipes (which were just installed). I also plan on having the bike Ivanized after it has broken in. I'm assuming I should have the air updated prior to sending out the ECU. So, what does the group think is best?

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have the Chuckster's kit that uses the stock right side cover. I could really tell the difference in air flow and Joe Norris (Chuckster) is a great guy!

·
Registered
504 Posts
I put 13k on my 2016 Vaquero, kept its performance stock the whole time. I highly recommend getting a used iPod and the Kawi iPod connector, a taller windscreen for higher speed riding, and keeping up with maintenance. Great bikes, everyone else covered the quirks pretty well. Oh, and get the auxiliary driving light kit and install it yourself - way more light at night!

-John

·
Registered
164 Posts
A suggestion and only a suggestion. Call Ivan. He sells exhaust and air kits. Get a package deal all at one time. Ivan has his air preferences........hear it from him!

·
Registered
15 Posts
There's a YouTube video comparing the cobra tri ovals and the Vance Hines sound side by side. The PO of my bike drilled out the baffles in the stock mufflers and I really like the mellow rumble coming from my scoot now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts